Could anyone make a tileset with the Graphx text in it in corresponding locations to the characters they represent?
I would just like it to be simple black on white text and to be stored in an AppVar.
This would help with rotating text among other things.
Please tell me if you can do it.
Thanks.

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I would use it with ICE, so.....
I don't know if you are looking for this or something else:

https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/blob/master/src/graphx/graphx.h

This link I use because it has I think every graphx command there is in the graphx library.

If this is not correct, then sorry. I tried.
The header documentation has the exact same information in a prettier format if you want to use that.

Internally, the font data is stored with 1bpp. Each character has a different width, so a tilemap would lead to some funny looking text.

I would recommend using GetSprite to rotate text, using code similar to the following:

Code:

getStringWidth(STR)->WIDTH
mallocSprite(WIDTH,8)->BG
mallocSprite(WIDTH,8)->TEXT
getSprite(BG,0,0)
printStringXY(STR,0,0)
getSprite(TEXT,0,0)
sprite(BG,0,0)
free(BG)
// do whatever you want to with the sprite TEXT
free(TEXT)

EDIT: apparently there is no malloc in ICE, so you could probably allocate two big (say 100x8) sprites to store things in and then change the two bytes at the beginning of the memory pointed to by the sprites to be the width and 8 (the height). ICE is dumb. You could also use GetSpriteChar, though that's only one character at a time. You could then copy that into a tilemap if you wanted or whatever else you wanted to do.
EDIT: 404th post, on a topic that starts with request, and I am informing you that I don't have what you are looking for. Very floateresting.
I can probably just do it myself.
Thanks anyway

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours