What seemed to solve it was unchecking "Use safe driver". It didn't happen again even if I checked it again so I think my unchecking it updated the appvar from the "old" type or something.
the following MOS/ION programs do not work and will crash your calc:

ZTris, ABelt (I think leofox's game, can't remember), Super Mario 1.2. those are the only ones Ive tested so far and the've all crashed DCS.
Here's my list of progs that give errors (taken from the "Weird Err: Link Bug" thread)

Quote:
Dogde2m, Ztetris, Calcmod, Ftun, Lotus, Alcdfix, Crates3d, Mars Patrol, Falldown, Duckhunt, Dancer3, UFO attack, Icon Editor for MOS, Arcade Mario, Solytare, Pacman99
upon further research, it seems that Alien Breed IV gets stuc in a permanent TI-OS link error loop and/or causes a Basic execution error, various TI-Basic programs won't run or cause error #506.

Sn00d v1.3 ran, however when I shot snoods, the screen flashed and they disappeared, but I somehow managed to score a 13576. when I went back and later ran it from MOS, all the sprites had been corrupted, and it is now impossible to score anything other than 13576.

in Solytare, the arrow cursor gets clipped and after you release second the TI-OS link error message appears and it gets stuck in a loop of link errors.
Yup, I too have encountered the link error (http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Active_Bug_A0005). Feel free to elaborate on that page if you want. I have some suspects for the problem.
add a bug for my 2 other bugs....Sn00d....Solytare
elfprince13 wrote:
the following MOS/ION programs do not work and will crash your calc:

ZTris, ABelt (I think leofox's game, can't remember), Super Mario 1.2. those are the only ones Ive tested so far and the've all crashed DCS.

I would like it to be known that I play Super Mario 1.2 on my 83+ and my 84+ using DCS without any problem what-so-ever.
I think Elfprince's problems and the Link Error bug may all be related. More definite solutions coming soon.
permanently corrupted sprite sheets and link errors are related? 0.o
elfprince13 wrote:
Definitely. The link error is just how the badly-written TI-OS copes with an unexpected rst $38.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Definitely. The link error is just how the badly-written TI-OS copes with an unexpected rst $38.

the link error never showed up in the program with the corrupted sprite sheets Neutral
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

the link error never showed up in the program with the corrupted sprite sheets Neutral
Indeed, because something else interrupted the TI-OS before it got to the link condition check, imho.

Anyway, I got Garbage Collection - free ASM running working, thanks to copying instead of unarchiving. Problem is, it doesn't bother doing writeback atm. But I just decided to make an intelligent writeback routine!
calc84maniac wrote:
Here's my list of progs that give errors (taken from the "Weird Err: Link Bug" thread)

Quote:
Dogde2m, Ztetris, Calcmod, Ftun, Lotus, Alcdfix, Crates3d, Mars Patrol, Falldown, Duckhunt, Dancer3, UFO attack, Icon Editor for MOS, Arcade Mario, Solytare, Pacman99

I got the ERR:LINK on Wolfenstein 3D
@Kerm: on the subject of Garbage Collection, when was the last time it deleted itself on your 84+?
It does it often, usually with a Defragmenting... message. Razz Yup, I need to solve that. Oh, and about the Garbage Collect thing:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=ASM_Execution_Flowchart
Um... I don't really know how to work the wiki bug report thing, so I'll just post it here. On my 84+ SE, the names of the programs and folders on the bottom row don't appear under the icon. I added a few folders so I had over 6 icons and could scroll down. When I scrolled back up, the screen went blank. It looked like it was turned on, but the screen just didn't display anything. I pressed several buttons but was forced to pull a battery and clear RAM.
Okay, I have (almost) the same problem as foamy3. It only shows the names of the progs in the top row. When I scroll down it is still in the As, but when I scroll up it is in the B's and I can't scroll up any more.

Update: I deleted my one folder and it now displays right, but when I scroll down then up, it is suddenly in he M's (instead of the B's), and when I scroll down and up again, it is in the E's. (Another scroll bug perhaps?)
Gah. Why are there so many scroll bugts? I've fixed this twice already. *sigh*
KermMartian wrote:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=ASM_Execution_Flowchart

are you copying to ZTmp or ZTMP? make sure you copy it to a name that can't be typed in from PRGM>NEW.
I think I've figured out why foamy3's calc crashed. On mine it went way down in the VAT when I scrolled to the top. The same thing happened to foamy3 but it had gone past the VAT because he didn't have many programs. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours