I am having an issue where on IOS I am trying to use the coded JPG to boot the calculator and it isn’t recognizing it saying I need upload a ROM file. I have tried 2 different browsers (Safari and Firefox mobile) both are popping out the same error. I first uploaded the picture to my phone with iTunes but thought that was the issue. So I emailed it to myself and it’s not seeing it as the TI 84 + CSE it is seeing (provided it reads at all) as a TI 82 if I remember correctly.

This is the error it’s giving me.
Invalid ROM file; must end in .rom or .ROM. On iOS devices, may end in .jpg or .JPG. See "Export Calculator ROM Image" below for more information.
For posterity, he bypassed the issue by uploading the .rom file directly to his iCloud Drive, and then importing the rom through the files app on his phone.

I have a suspicion that the jpeg was compressed somehow in transit despite the all of the precautions he took.
This thread gave me a headache.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours