http://www.joinfear.com/main

I'm sure most of you have heard of the amazing game called F.E.A.R. - well, Sierra just released the multiplayer part of the game for FREE!

So go get it and test your luck against me Wink (that is, if your puny computer can handle it Very Happy )

EDIT: Due to extreme loads (obviously), I would suggest either getting it with Bittorrent, or filefront (as it isn't listed on the main FEAR download page, so its not going to be hit AS hard) - http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;5417592;;/fileinfo.html

Dial-upers beware, its 1.8GB Wink (which is why I recommend BitTorrent Very Happy )
Awsome, once I get back from florida, I will dload it! Razz .
I got a demo for it in a magazine. It installed fine and the sound worked, but my entire screen stayed blank. Stupid intel graphics... >_<
Kllrnohj wrote:
http://www.joinfear.com/main

I'm sure most of you have heard of the amazing game called F.E.A.R. - well, Sierra just released the multiplayer part of the game for FREE!

So go get it and test your luck against me Wink (that is, if your puny computer can handle it Very Happy )

EDIT: Due to extreme loads (obviously), I would suggest either getting it with Bittorrent, or filefront (as it isn't listed on the main FEAR download page, so its not going to be hit AS hard) - http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;5417592;;/fileinfo.html

Dial-upers beware, its 1.8GB Wink (which is why I recommend BitTorrent Very Happy )

You know how you said you had 40 kb? Well from Filefront I am getting 100 =D .
yeah, thats what i WAS getting with bittorrent. At filefront I was also getting 100kb/sec, hence the reason I suggested it. With bittorrent I am now getting 200kb/sec Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
yeah, thats what i WAS getting with bittorrent. At filefront I was also getting 100kb/sec, hence the reason I suggested it. With bittorrent I am now getting 200kb/sec Wink

Oh yeah, isn't download proportional to upload in Bittorrent?
It is indeed - its an anti-leech method. Since I'm uploading at 50kb/sec, I take priority over all those bums uploading <40kb/sec Wink
so, what if your router isn't configured to foward traffic on a certian port a machine?
rivereye wrote:
so, what if your router isn't configured to foward traffic on a certian port a machine?

Well, either of two things will happen

1) You get screwed over with crappy dl speeds until there are enough seeds for you too leech off of

or

2) You get lucky and connect to people who have their bittorrent set up properly. After all, only one side of the connection needs to have the ports forwarded Wink (aka, when you connect to a peer, and they send you data, you end up sending them pieces also)

Number 2 is what I am stuck with, unfortunately, but with a large swarm, I max my upstream long before I max the number of people with a properly configured bittorrent setup Wink
I'd DL, but alas, my compy can't handle.
Where'd you get the torrent? I found one at tpb, but there aren't any seeders.
EDIT: never mind, I found one at ausgamers.com
The Tari wrote:

I am using the "official" one - its on the download page (its the first link, right above "Sierra")

http://torrents.vugames.com/fearcombat_en_107.exe.torrent

EDIT: Screw the torrent, filefront is flying (see the link I posted in the first post) - its going at 210kb/sec right now (I got 3mbit, and I'm not downloading anything else - so its not maxing my line, but better than bittorrent, which after its spike yesterday to 200kb/sec, is now crawling at 50kb/sec >.< )
Kllrnohj wrote:
The Tari wrote:

I am using the "official" one - its on the download page (its the first link, right above "Sierra")

http://torrents.vugames.com/fearcombat_en_107.exe.torrent

EDIT: Screw the torrent, filefront is flying (see the link I posted in the first post) - its going at 210kb/sec right now (I got 3mbit, and I'm not downloading anything else - so its not maxing my line, but better than bittorrent, which after its spike yesterday to 200kb/sec, is now crawling at 50kb/sec >.< )

My internet went out in the middle of the night so I did not finish the DL, but I am dling form Filefront now and i have .6 gb to go =D.

P.S. Filefront has leveled out to about 70 kb for me.
I'd get it, but my tabby can't handle it. Ah well, it seems pretty cool nonetheless.
Stupid windows BSOD in the middle of my download, so I restarted from FileShack. After a free registration (which I already had), I had to wait in line for 17 minutes, but then it went at a full 320kb/sec (it'll cap you at 500kb/sec - but you are garaunteed at least that speed)

Oh, and kerm, your tablet probably can handle it. (obviously you don't need 5gb hdd free nor do you need the cdrom/dvdrom drive - these are the specs for the retail full version of the game)

Quote:
Minimum Specifications:
• Windows® XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed
• DirectX® 9.0c (August Edition) or higher
• Pentium® 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
• 512 MB of RAM or more
• 64 MB GeForce™ 4 Ti or Radeon® 9000 video card
• Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio
• 5.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
• Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files
• 4x CD-ROM drive
• 16-bit DirectX® 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX™ 2.0
• Broadband or LAN connection for multiplayer games
• Mouse
• Keyboard

Recommended Specifications:
• Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
• 1 GB RAM
• A 256 MB Radeon® 9800 Pro or GeForce™ FX 5900 or equivalent supported
• DirectX® 9 compliant video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support
• Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series sound card

Supported Chipsets:
• NVIDIA® GeForce™ 4 Ti series, GeForce™ FX 5900 series, 6600 series, 6800 series, 7800 series
• ATI™ Radeon® 9000 Series, Radeon® 9500 Series, Radeon® 9600 Series, Radeon® 9700 Series, Radeon® 9800 Series, Radeon® X600 Series, Radeon® X700 Series, Radeon® X800 Series, Radeon® X850 Series
Oh beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! "Your video card is not supported"

Well censored them too!

*Turns around and storms away*

*tiptoes back*

Oh and by the way, any way to fix that? Sad

P.S. I think this computer has an nvidia mx 400 or something like that
I doubt it. That't a pretty old card, and even if you could get it running, you probably wouldn't have very playable framerates.
I don't have the proc it looks like it (1.2ghz Athalon), but oh well. My MX4000s probably couldn't handle it either.
rivereye wrote:
I don't have the proc it looks like it (1.2ghz Athalon), but oh well. My MX4000s probably couldn't handle it either.

Oh yeah, I meant MX4000 not 400 =D.

P.S. The computer is an older pentium 4 with 2 gb of 400 mhz ram
Yay, my download finished. It's time to see if my
Kllrnohj wrote:
puny computer
and I can beat you, Kllrnohj! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours