when I get home on tuesday I will release the following programs.

• uber fast graphical tile mapping routine
  • Croquet 83+
  • Between ::: A game of wit*

*Should be done by then....
Sounds like a plan. What's this Croquet game like?
Yah, I would kinda like to know too.

Dont think I have ever played croquet on a calc before Laughing .
You quick smash your calc against a table and it registers the buttons that are pressed. That measures the hit strength..... Razz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croquet

anyhow, it has full 6 players, with options for no player, human player or one of 9 levels of AI on any given player slot. it also has full support for the rules of real croquet except that hitting a player a second time without going through a wicket is simply ignored instead of ending your turn. it also tells you who you've hit since your last wicket and highlights the target wicket area.
Omfg! Wow, thats crazy. Sounds awsome!
yeah, will have to play.

Wait, maybe I should think about it after I finish my RPG.
I too am very busy with something atm. But I should be done by the time you finish it ... hopefuly
Coolness. I like netham's idea better though. What are the graphics like on this, text or graphscreen?
graphscreen. nothing intense since its hard to fit a decent sized croquet court in 64*96 along with all the needed display info like who's turn it is. the only thing that will be really slow on a normal 83+ is watching the ball move. unfortunately the seq() command is none too fast, and its still the fastest thing I could get for testing hits on a long list of coordinates using a complicated formula (4.5 lines of parenthesised boolean tests) after every pixel.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours