From the maker of 8K Adventure and CHELSEA for the TI-84+ CE calculator comes an actual functioning website that accomplishes everything that CHELSEA couldn't!

Introducing:
Dr. Josiah Ryan Winslow

(No, that's not his name. It stands for Javascript Operator Specializing In Automatic Handling of Responses You Are Notating and Writing In Neatly Spaced Lower Output Windows. But just call him Dr. Josiah for short.)

He is an online chatbot that you can talk to, and he actually talks to you back! The replies he gives are converted from text to speech using deep learning technology provided by Lyrebird. He is guaranteed to provide you with hours of a fun-adjacent feeling!

The link to the website is here. Alternatively, if you want to have an easily shareable link, use either https://tiny.cc/dr-josiah or https://tiny.cc/doctor-josiah.
Wow, that's really cool! I played around with it a bit and it was pretty neat.
One things I'd like you to do is set your new bot up against Nikkybot. I know Nikkybot wants to do it, it even gave me its source code! Laughing
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Wow, that's really cool! I played around with it a bit and it was pretty neat.
One things I'd like you to do is set your new bot up against Nikkybot. I know Nikkybot wants to do it, it even gave me its source code! 0x5

Dr. Josiah is a very simplistic bot, and it can only reply to someone based on a few pre-determined patterns. The entire logic behind the bot itself is contained in this .js file. Go right ahead and use it if you want, though.
I tried it, I don't find him very friendly Razz

And I'm still suffering from my traumatic brain injury Sad
If that traumatic brain injury is real, I'm sorry for you. Please don't take Dr. Josiah too seriously, he's only an exercise in programming.
It was meant as a joke Razz

'Traumatic brain injury' was the first medical condition I could come up with Laughing

Other than that, nice bot! I enjoyed messing around with it
I don't like him. emacs's doctor works better.
He's interesting, but not very good for an actual solution... oh welp. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours