Recently I watched this video about someone who made a "2D" Rubik's Cube and figured this would be easy enough to duplicate. I re-wrote the game in java because that is what I learned in school so I could do it during classes and am now converting it to C for the TI84+CE.

I haven't gotten around to all the graphics but here's a little video of the progress I have made (I've only spent one night on it so far and all I need to add is colors and a better layout)

Game has been completed!
Download Here!
matkeller19 wrote:
Recently I watched this video about someone who made a "2D" Rubik's Cube and figured this would be easy enough to duplicate. I re-wrote the game in java because that is what I learned in school so I could do it during classes and am now converting it to C for the TI84+CE.

I haven't gotten around to all the graphics but here's a little video of the progress I have made (I've only spent one night on it so far and all I need to add is colors and a better layout)

Oh, carykh! Very Happy I watch that guys vids a TON because of his AI stuff. I didn't expect someone to port something like that to the CE, what about GOLAD? (Game of Life AND Death, it's also made by him)
I don't have much time to work on this but I finally got graphics somewhat working. The only problem is that some of the numbers in the array won't show:

The print function is

Code:
void printBoard(int pos, bool selec){
    int i, j;
    gfx_SetColor(0);
    gfx_FillRectangle(0,0,206,206);
    for(i = 0; i < BOARDY; i++){
        for(j = 0; j < BOARDX; j++){
            gfx_SetColor(colors[j][i]);
            gfx_FillRectangle(40*j+4,40*i+4,38,38);
            gfx_SetTextXY(i*40+14,14+j*40);
            gfx_PrintInt(board[j][i],2);
            gfx_SetColor(0xFF);
            if(selec){
                gfx_SetColor(0xF8);
            }
            if(!home){
                gfx_Rectangle(pos%10*40+3,pos/10*40+3,41,41);
            }
        }
    }
}

I have figured out that the problematic line is gfx_FillRectangle(40*j+4,40*i+4,38,38 ); but I can't figure out a way to fix this. Help is appreciated Very Happy
You do:

gfx_SetTextXY(i, j);

But set the rectangle with:

gfx_FillRectangle(j, i);
Quick Update. I spent the morning working on this a little bit more have finished almost everything I was planning for the game.
Things to add:
-Timer
-Move Counter
-High Score List for Time (Possibly)
-High Score List for Moves (Possibly)
-Speed everything up

The functioning part of the game is working now

P.S. Anyone have an idea for what color the selected box should be? Right now I have it outlined in pink but it doesn't stand out enough in my opinion.
matkeller19 wrote:
P.S. Anyone have an idea for what color the selected box should be? Right now I have it outlined in pink but it doesn't stand out enough in my opinion.

Maybe it should be a slightly darker shade of the color that's selected.
Also, I feel like there should be animations when you slide a tile.
Update:
I played around with the selected color and I'm not exactly set on how I want to color it (possibly just a bolder white outline OR add a symbol to the square selected such as "*"?)
Anyways, I took your advice and added sliding animations to the moves. Let me know how you think they look. I didn't want to make them too long as there will be a timer running with the game.

Anyways, let me know what you all think and what I should change/add Smile
Suggestion: Can you make the width between the boxes be 3 not 2? Then the selection box would look centered.

Keep up the good work!
A few changes have been made. By executive decision, I chose to have the row and column highlighted gold when a box is selected. Also, a move counter has been implemented with a high score (or I guess low score) app var.

I still need to add in the timer and its appvar but this is more of a weekend project although I had little homework today and was able to complete a lot.
Looks great! My only observation is that the numbers in each square might need to come down 3 or 4 pixels to be centered vertically - if you know what I mean?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours