Yup, it's because the resistance and therefore load from an amplifier is much higher and lower respectively than a raw speaker, so it doesn't pull the data or clock lines low.
Well whatever the reason, it is sweet. Also, hope that my schmatics were somewhat helpful. To make some modifications to make it external, middle is the same as white or red(tip or middle) on a link cable and gnd is the base, or uninsulated wire.
So we have several explanations and two schematics at hand; so put this to good use foamy and show us some pics of the new setup! Cool
I would do this to my TICI hub if not for
A.It is glued shut with liquid nails(really misleading, because it is more of a gel)
B.It is incredibally small(barely room for the PS2 port and no jacks)
and
C.I have an internal amplifer. All I have to do Is run a link cable from my 83 to my 84 to use it too. Smile
Has anyone else noticed the sudden spike in hardware modding? Very Happy
yeah, I wondered on that. If I do anything, it won't be internal for a while (like, until I have another calc or when I am done with school).
My sister has a webcam. I'll try to post up some pics of it tomorrow.
Webcam...:s Use a scanner; the quality's much better.
or go out and get a digital camera.
Excellent, can't wait. I too will probably start modding my TI-83+ with some nifty stuff. I'm thinking of trying some casemods. And yes Ult Dev'r, I too have noticed this sudden spike.
I personally think digital cameras still have a ways to go before they can surpass analog cameras; sure, digital cameras can be better in bright environments, but they're completely useless in the dark, or even ambient lighting. If there's a digital camera that can take better pictures than a regular analog camera in the dark, I'd like to know Smile

Quote:
Excellent, can't wait. I too will probably start modding my TI-83+ with some nifty stuff. I'm thinking of trying some casemods. And yes Ult Dev'r, I too have noticed this sudden spike.

Maybe we should hurry up and finish our color backlights then Very Happy Except I'm broke at the moment...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I personally think digital cameras still have a ways to go before they can surpass analog cameras; sure, digital cameras can be better in bright environments, but they're completely useless in the dark, or even ambient lighting. If there's a digital camera that can take better pictures than a regular analog camera in the dark, I'd like to know Smile

I guess you haven't used any of those high-end SLRs yet Wink My friends mom has one of those (She wrote off the $800 camera as a "business expense" Laughing), it is insanely nice. Picture quality is excellent, little to no noise whatsoever (even in low lighting), which, of course, is quickly cleaned up by Photoshop anyway Smile

Analog camera's are thoroughly dead, even pros use digitals now (very, very expensive digitals, but digitals none the less)
I still use analog cameras...but then again, I still play on my Genesis too Laughing
Ult Dev's got a point; a sweet manual analog with good finegrain film can never be beat by even the highest-quality digital camera in my opinion.
true, but it is getting there. Even if Digital becomes better quality, film will always have a place in the law (a analog print is a lot harder to doctor that a digital).
Picture time!

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I still use analog cameras...but then again, I still play on my Genesis too 0x5

Yeah, and I doubt you can drop $2,000 on a high end digital setup, ether Wink (~$1000 for the camera + ~$1000 for telephoto lenses and such)

High end digital totally destorys analog now, but what I want to know is when will AFFORDABLE digital be better than high-end analog? Very Happy
@foamy: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?! (no offense)

I don't see any amps in there...did you put any in? Because I doubt a linkport will be able to power that thing alone Laughing
Duh, it's a speaker, a jack, and a switch. Definitely needs an amp. ^_^
KermMartian wrote:
Duh, it's a speaker, a jack, and a switch. Definitely needs an amp. ^_^

Exactly. Where do you think I can get one? I got the speaker from walmart automotive, but the only amps they had were huge car amps for subs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours