To clarify, Timmy made this himself as a graphics test, but his disclaimer is to note that the name and likeness of Doors CS/CSE/CE is still mine, and he's not trying to pretend that this is the real Doors.
I am willing to follow Kerm's rules on how I should do this, but all the stuff so-far is not taken directly form DCSE code. This is only a reproduction and I want to finish this to only be as a fan-made program (shell). I am not copying Kerm's code, as it is strictly only for the TI 84 CSE. Code from that program would have to be converted somehow to CE code, but that seems infeasible and illegal, as I would be stealing Kerm's code.
What I am doing and not doing:
- I have, so far, reproduced the look and feel of DCSE
- I have NOT taken actual graphics from DCSE, but instead hand-made them and compared them directly with DCSE, but NOT steal the graphics directly
- I INTEND to add the DCSE functions, but since it's in ICE, I still can only made the sprites, then compare them side-by-side with DCSE, but still INTENTIONALLY keep them non-exact. So far, the sprites are not to scale, and they are intended Not to be, so it doesn't seem like I'm copying graphics and/or sprites
- Once the project is complete, I will either:
- Release the program with Kerm's permission, and DIRECTLY stating it is not by Kerm, and is NOT taken from the actual DCSE code.
- Or, not release the code or compiled program, but instead give screenshots and gifs to showcase a fan-made project.
The point is, it's not stealing code, I am merely reproducing it. Also, IN NO WAY will this ever be intended to steal code.
We can all agree CSE and CE comparisons of Doors are not exact, real and fan-made remake, and the system requirements and OS's are VERY different.
- SPECIAL Thanks to Kerm for allowing me to do this
I'm going to cancel this after the GUI is finished. Functions will not work, and the GUI will be slightly changed. I will now be working on 2D Minecraft CE as well as Chevron VS Shell. Please look at their respective forums for more information.
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum