I was looking at trying to build a TICI hub completely internally in my 83+, so this is the place to put in your two cents.
Here's a schematic I drew up in paint. I apologize for the terrible penmanship, I can't write well with my right hand anyway, and I'm even worse with a mouse.
http://www.freewebs.com/taricorp/tici.bmp
The power connections will be wired into the negative end of the battery compartment, and the positive end of the third battery, for 4.5 V power.
It's legible. MSPaint does have a text tool, you know. Cool
That looks like it might be doable with some judicious trimming of the mainboard with a dremel.
Please use jpg instead of bmp next time Tari; it's more internet-friendly.

Quote:
Taricorp is the newest revolution for all major corporations. We hope to accomplish industry domination in whatever we decide to do.

Quote:
Our aerospace division is currently productively unproductive and has nothing to show you at the moment. Come back soon.

Quote:
Our mechanical engineering division is lazy and has nothing to show you at the moment. Come back soon.

Quote:
Our architecture division isn't as lazy as the other two, and actually has something to show you, but it isn't ready yet. Come back soon.

Laughing
Er, yeah, I haven't done anything with that site for a while, but it's still accurate, except my scanner is broken now.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Please use jpg instead of bmp next time Tari; it's more internet-friendly.

Duly noted, that's just how paint saved it.
*bump*
Just finished slicing the hole in the case for the PS/2 port. It sticks out some, but I didn't want to grind down the PCB much. Some pictures.
Laughing That looks even worse than my Genesis-Gamecube controller mod Laughing

You may want to try putting it vertically instead of horizontally like that; say, drill a hole in the case right behind the lcd (were you the one who drilled into that area already? I can't remember who did...)
Actually, that doesn't look bad. You could use blck plastic filler or mix black plastic powder into a glue or cement compound to fill in the cracks.
And push the port in a little/size it to fit better so that it doesn't stick out the side so much Razz
I may, but I'm a little leery of grinding down the circuit board s'more, for fear of hitting some unseen traces. I can easily get a hold of some black epoxy, anyway.
I seriously doubt that a TI-83+'s mainboard is a multilayer board, so there's no real worry with shaving it down a bit more in my opinion. You with me on this, Ult Dev?
Hmm..... I would of put it somewhere nearer the serial code on it. I was thinking of doing this, but then I realized I would have to take the amplifer out of my calc..... Or use my 83+, which I hardly ever use.
That's also doable, due to the grid of empty space on the 83+ (but not the 84+ iirc).
on the 84+ you have to cut off the grid of plastic(It's actually in a grid, lmao) witha dremel tool or something to get it to work.
Quote:
I seriously doubt that a TI-83+'s mainboard is a multilayer board, so there's no real worry with shaving it down a bit more in my opinion. You with me on this, Ult Dev?

The only part he'd really need to grind would be the large copper 'ground pad' in the corner...although he should really try grinding down the PS/2 port itself (though not too much or there won't be enough material left to support the metal components of the PS/2 port)
It's a grid on the 83+ too, hence my use of the word "grid". That wasn't just a random word pick; I never randomly pick words. Smile
Removing the grid is annoying <_< It takes a long time and smells really, really bad. Burning Plastic == Bad Idea The fastest way I used to remove it was by using a sander attachment on my Dremel (I have one of those crappy little cordless ones; I need an XPR Sad), and then getting into the tight spots with the cutting wheel.
Yeah..... The smell is horrid.

Well! Not one to be one upped Smile I decided I have to do this too. Here are some pics.
You can see my Amplier and my PS/2 port.
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Edit:They are kind of fuzzy......
Edit2:I used one with a cord. It went too fast..... I accidentally cut through a couple of times.

Also, in mine, I just used the cutting wheel. I was able to just put it down and pull to get it to cut.
Not bad, but I personally wouldn't put the port on the back of the calc. After all, what happens when you want to lay it down and use something plugged into it?
But, yeah, I think I will grind down my PCB some more.
I put 5 layers of double sided tape(the thick stuff) into it so it would be held in place by the back of the LCD.

I can't wait 'til DCS supports TICI mouse..... Smile

Also, to set it down, I have a couple of those kickstand-covers that I use. Look on TI's website to see what I mean. I got them from the local thrift store for like 20 cents a piece. Smile
The Tari wrote:
Not bad, but I personally wouldn't put the port on the back of the calc. After all, what happens when you want to lay it down and use something plugged into it?
But, yeah, I think I will grind down my PCB some more.
Very Happy That's exactly what I was thinking of when I decided against that. I think if I do this, mine will end up in the bottom corner like Tari's.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours