I’m making a TI-84 Plus CE C program with the CE C SDK and it seems to have a bug. Sometimes, rarely, when I boot the program from Cesium (not sure if that’s important) it boots to a glitchy colorful screen. When I press the reset button, the screen turns white. When I press reset a few more times, the calculator resets as normal. My initialization code is:

Code:

ti_CloseAll();
   ti_Open("APPVAR","a+");
   ti_CloseAll();
   slot = ti_Open("APPVAR","r+");
   if (!slot) {
      os_ClrHomeFull();
      os_PutStrFull("Not enough storage space for appvar. Free some RAM.");
      while(kb_AnyKey()){};
      exit(1);
   }
   if (!ti_GetSize(slot)) {
      writeVars();
   }   
readStorage();

writeVars() is a set of ti_Writes and after that readStorage() is a set of ti-Reads. Is this the issue or is something else causing my crash?
Without seeing all of the code we have no idea Razz

You can PM me if you don't want to release the source.
PMed
Sorry for the double post, but I found more information. It seems to happen on my calculator when I RAM clear, then create any program and run Cesium, and run my program from there. I have no clue whatsoever why either of these would affect it. This does not occur for me in CEmu.
Sorry for the triple post, but the same problem just occurred to me with Portal, which is coded in ASM. The screen gets completely garbled and slowly gets whiter until the screen is white or you RESET. So I guess it’s a bug in Cesium and not in my program. I am using Cesium 3.0.6.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours