I was reading a datasheet for a motor controller chip and I came across a schematic symbol I had never seen before:

The value would seem to indicate that it's a capacitor of some kind, but is it different than a regular capacitor? Why have I never seen this symbol before?
That's the really old style of drawing capacitors. History is fun. It has the little + to show it's polarized.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum