*Netham45 shudders at how far this thread has gone offtopic since he posted it.

Hell, I even fixed the problem.
rayden wrote:
Are you sure what is your Mac address if i have your mac i know where you live your have your profession and the hell i coul d even know your IP
by scanning for your mac, imagine this boy i could even fake mine and get you jailed for that.... do not put with me and if you keep saying tha i'm the noob go to here www.bright-shadows.net and search for rayden5 and you will notice that is a page of hack knowledge not for noobs like you all..................................... You TALK TOO MUTCH BUT WHEN COMES TO KNOWLEDGE YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY

while that certainly looks like a pretty nice hacking site (nothing on hts on rootthisbox of course, but nice), hacking knowledge is in no way related to expertise on graphics cards.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to side with Kllrnohj here, 'cause saying you know how to commit criminal and destructive acts makes the elite just doesn't equate to being truly technologically skilled to me.
KermMartian wrote:
Uhhh, you sound like a noob. How could you possibly get his profession from his Media Access Control address? Very Happy

The only way that I know of would be if I was at work and he got my IP, then did a reverse lookup... similar to how the user maps work

But since I'm not at work, you don't know my profession (although it isn't hard to figure out, since I believe I have mentioned it here before - its really glamorous, pushing carts and all Laughing )

Besides that cracking skills have nothing to do with video cards or GPUs, I issue you a challenge Mr. Cracker (after all, what you are describing isn't hacking, but surely a super freebsd programmer would know that Very Happy ) Post my MAC address here, if you can. My IP is worthless, as its dynamic and potentially behind a proxy. You also can't get me arrested by doing evil deeds with a spoofed MAC that matches mine, as that is barely enough for a warrant, not nearly enough for an arrest - and thats ignoring the fact that MACs aren't logged to a certain house, user, or even computer, meaning they would have to try and track it, when they would probably just track the attacker directly

ALthough I can't help but notice that the more and more you are repeatedly proved wrong (sometimes with your own links), you seem to become more and more n00b sounding...

Quote:
Yeah, I'm gonna have to side with Kllrnohj here, 'cause saying you know how to commit criminal and destructive acts makes the elite just doesn't equate to being truly technologically skilled to me.

That was elfprince Wink

@Elf: I totally agree *cough, script kiddies, cough* Evil or Very Mad
you aren't understanding what i mean and by the way you cannot programme the video card while in game what you can do is to send some commands with CPU for the graphics card and the graphic card gets configured with that no programming that is what AMD is trying to integrate they want to put the GPU and CPU together in one unit but at the same time they aren't the same.... they want to eliminate the northbridge and use the same same cache for both... by the way if why was you i recheck all my connections because with MAC i can locate you or you think that i can't know where a specified MAC is connected ....
>.< Oh dearie me, here we go again...
no we should stop by this part i will get out of this tread....
rayden wrote:
by the way if why was you i recheck all my connections because with MAC i can locate you or you think that i can't know where a specified MAC is connected ....

first off you can change your MAC, second off you can not find where a mac is connected. period. end of discussion
rayden wrote:
you aren't understanding what i mean and by the way you cannot programme the video card while in game what you can do is to send some commands with CPU for the graphics card and the graphic card gets configured with that no programming that is what AMD is trying to integrate they want to put the GPU and CPU together in one unit but at the same time they aren't the same.... they want to eliminate the northbridge and use the same same cache for both...

AMD doesn't want to eliminate the northbridge at all, which does much more than simply link the GPU and CPU. The GPU/CPU combination, by the way, is for embedded and low-power units (PDAs, cell phones, slim laptops, etc...), and will not be a threat to discreet graphics (in the forseeable future)

Second, you CAN program for a video card. nVidia's newest card (DX10 GeForce 88xx series) actually has its own C compiler for it. But that is not an exception, a lot of cards can run code, just up until now it has mainly been at the ASM level. Don't believe me? Check this out: http://folding.stanford.edu/FAQ-ATI.html - folding@home running on an ATI graphics card. You are completely, 100% wrong about modern video cards, I don't know how to say it any more simply. Go do some research, and quit pretending you actually know something
utilize another new generation of hardware: GPU’s with programmable floating-point capability. By writing highly optimized, hand tuned code to run on ATI X1900 class GPU’s, the science of Folding@home will see another 20x to 30x speed increase over its previous software (Gromacs) for certain applications. This great speed increase is achieved by running essentially the complete molecular dynamics calculation on the GPU

I don't know but from my understanding this is only an optimization to make calculations faster at hardware level... and read that carefully
rayden wrote:
I don't know but from my understanding this is only an optimization to make calculations faster at hardware level... and read that carefully

Quote:
By writing highly optimized, hand tuned code to run on ATI X1900 class GPU’s

Its code that runs completely, 100% on the GPU (and this is technically possible on any directx 9.0c+ hardware). Maybe you should just admit you've been wrong this entire time and get over it Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours