I'm genuinely curious about this; however I do not have a USB tester, and I don't want to risk messing up the data lines on my calc's USB port by touching my multimeter leads with unsteady hands to the tiny pins lol

Does the USB port on the TI-84+SE (or perhaps other models, other than the rechargeable ones, doi) have any ability to supply power to a connected device or accept input power from a connected device?
It can operate in host mode, so it has the ability to supply limited power (<= 100mA) to a connected device. If you want more than that, you have to inject the power yourself: https://brandonw.net/calculators/
KermMartian wrote:
It can operate in host mode, so it has the ability to supply limited power (<= 100mA) to a connected device. If you want more than that, you have to inject the power yourself: https://brandonw.net/calculators/

Alright, 100mA should be (just barely) enough for my use-case. Thank you.

(in case you're wondering, the use-case in question is the device I asked about in a different forum category yesterday; Basically I'm making a device that grants the user a clipboard buffer that works via the I/O port. You press a few buttons on the device itself to paste a certain entry in the clipboard to the calculator by sending keypresses over the I/O port, and any realistic number of keypresses may be programmed into the device via multiple mechanisms, and I'm still researching on what is possible and what is not in that regard.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours