ive been having some problems with the newest version of DCS7. It is really glitchy and doesnt even show the first screen correctly. I could use some help please
Its possible that this is a driver issue. Some revisions of the TI-84 had some display issues. You should try running this program.
mr womp womp wrote:
Its possible that this is a driver issue. Some revisions of the TI-84 had some display issues. You should try running this program.

omg thank you!
No that doesnt seem to fix it. the screen is completely weird trying to et a screenshot of it but ticonnect is being dumb
I used to have this problem, but I was able to fix it after I backed up my calculator, then reset all memory. I then redownloaded cs7, and it started working. Try resetting all memory.
kk ill try

edit: not quite
Apparently recent batches of calculators have an LCD that doesn't use the LCD_BUSY bit which is how many calculator programs ensured they'd safely update the LCD.

Some apps/programs would use an "unsafe" method that wasn't frequently frowned upon because it was guaranteed to work-- just putting in a long delay and hoping the LCD would be ready for the next byte of data.

Whelp, in a classic plot twist, now the unsafe method is the one that has the beat chance of working on these new calcs Neutral I believe Kerm and Geekboy are planning to work on a fix, but it might be a while since they first need to get there hands on one of these calcs.

EDIT: Typo.
Xeda112358 wrote:
Apparently recent batches of calculators have an LCD that doesn't use the LCD_BUSY bit which is how many calculator programs ensured they'd safely update the LCD.

Some apps/programs would use an "unsafe" method that wasn't frequently frowned upon because it was guaranteed to work-- just putting in a long delay and hoping the LCD would be ready for the next byte of data.

Whelp, in a classic plot twist, now the unsafe method is the one that has the beat chance of working on these new calcs Neutral I believe Kerm and Geekboy are planning to work on a fix, but it might be a while since they first need to get there hands on one of these calcs.

EDIT: Typo.

thanks hope they fix it soon

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours