Do you want Nether and End Portals in this project?
Yes!!! MOST DEFINITELY!!!
 30%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but RAM use is an issue with my CE
 40%  [ 4 ]
Not really, but maybe later
 10%  [ 1 ]
Nope, not on my CE! Maybe a version with and without.
 10%  [ 1 ]
NEVER!!!
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

So when I heard that you wanted to make the game 3D using C, that got me a bit interested in trying it out myself. I learned C and made a highly unoptimized barebones 3D render for the CE. All it did was display a wireframe of any points or lines from input. Although I’m not much of a pro at C programming on a CE, I could already tell that it would be really hard to be able to create an entire 3D world using C, especially one the size of Minecraft. If you overlook all the data that a world like Minecraft would take up, maybe such a project would be feasible if written in assembly. I would’ve loved to see 3D Minecraft on the CE, but maybe just going with 2D is all it can take. Anyway, good luck on the project!
Argus wrote:
So when I heard that you wanted to make the game 3D using C, that got me a bit interested in trying it out myself. I learned C and made a highly unoptimized barebones 3D render for the CE. All it did was display a wireframe of any points or lines from input. Although I’m not much of a pro at C programming on a CE, I could already tell that it would be really hard to be able to create an entire 3D world using C, especially one the size of Minecraft. If you overlook all the data that a world like Minecraft would take up, maybe such a project would be feasible if written in assembly. I would’ve loved to see 3D Minecraft on the CE, but maybe just going with 2D is all it can take. Anyway, good luck on the project!

Thanks! Can I get a link to your 3D engine? I want to take a look at it working and maybe the code too. Learning to make a 3D Engine is hard for me since this will be my first time doing so.
Here is a link to the code: https://github.com/Argus1234/3D-CE-C-Engine/tree/master/3D%20Engine But be warned, it is not something you should use as a base, or to learn a lot from. As a said, I only learned C for this project, so I've never coded in it before, leading to possible errors that could only be noticed and fixed by a professional. I have also never written a working 3D engine either, I only threw one together from multiple wikipedia pages and what I remembered from math class, so again, it won't be very pretty.
In short, I lack experience in these fields, and my code won't be very nice. I hope it helps a little though.

P.S. This code version is untested since my last change and I haven't built it yet. Only test with a backed-up calculator or CEmu!
i'm stuck in the game and don't know how to leave
greenfire7657 wrote:
i'm stuck in the game and don't know how to leave

Probably the game froze. Try the [clear] key. Can you describe what you see on the screen?
Also, there's a better, newer version here if you've been using the ICE version:
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/2D-Minecraft-CE-LITE-/tree/main/bin

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours