I am trying to write a solitaire game for my calculator in ICE as an assembly version does not exist. All I have is a basic home screen, a background that is drawn on the spot for the game screen, and number randomization that is broken. In short, I need help I am clueless, and I will have a link to the project on github shortly.
I am truly sorry... I made it about a month ago...
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1813

You can still try to make it even better than mine, however! This project helped me in my ICE experience, so it should also be a great project for you to learn about the language! Very Happy
Before trying to make a large, complex game like solitaire, try to make the smallest working version you can and build from there. When you reach an issue or something that you can't figure out, ask a question here. I would suggest creating, as your first version, a program that displays a shape as a placeholder for a card on a green background. Once you do that, then you can make it store the positions of and draw multiple cards, then you can make sprites for them, etc. What experience do you have in ice?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours