i deleted it off my calculator (poor move) and messed everything up
Would you mind explaining your problem a little bit more? (Y0 is shorthand by TI for the tenth Y= variable, which is not lethal to your calc)
I've encountered a few situations where deleting corrupted Y vars crashed my calculator (not sure what cause them). Did your calculator freeze or RAM reset?
yeah my calculator turned off and my ram reset. the y0 contained 8kb and its ram wasn't present in the user-accessible ram evidently. i was deleting stuff because i didn't have enough memory to romdump
This is out of my league then, but whatever happened, you should never have 8kb in y0. (Maybe a faulty program dumped that data there or it was a hacked axe variable?)

Edit oops didn’t see that @TheLastMillenial
Your VAT was corrupted by some assembly program. At that point, a crash/RAM reset is inevitable. Best to just get it over with.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours