Hi Everyone,

So I know that there is a plethora of debuggers for assembly, C, ICE, regular BASIC, and basically every single computer programming language in existence, except for two. Binary (Well No Duh.), and TI Basic. If we are making a program in TI Basic, and get an error or unexpected outcome, is there anything we can do besides posting the code on websites like Cemetech or re-reading our code about 1500 times? I know the HP Prime comes with a built in debugger for HP BASIC, so perhaps there is a similar one for TI BASIC.
Nope. You have to build your own debugger into the program you want to fix.

Typically I do this by making the program pause every few lines and display the variables that aren't working. That makes it easier to determine where the bugy line is.
TheFirstMillennial wrote:
Nope. You have to build your own debugger into the program you want to fix.

Typically I do this by making the program pause every few lines and display the variables that aren't working. That makes it easier to determine where the buggy line is.

Ah, that sucks. So I recently decided to buy a HP Prime, which I have heard has a built in debugger. How similar are TI Basic and HP Basic? If they are near identical, perhaps I could slap my code onto there and check that. Finally, is there a program similar to TI Connect CE for the HP Prime, or how do you send programs to the HP Prime from your computer?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours