The one on the right is definitely better than the one on the left, but personally I think the right one actually has a bit *too* much horizontal space. I would want the left/right buffer space to be about the same as the top/bottom buffer space, and I think the space from the icon to the text should be the same or bigger than the space from the icon to the edge.
Michael0x18 wrote:
I like the one on the right better. I know it's counterintuitive, but the borders actually make it feel like there's more screen space.
Just a side note: Would it be possible to have vertical scrolling instead of horizontal? Could that be an option?

TIny_Hacker wrote:
Michael0x18 wrote:
I like the one on the right better. I know it's counterintuitive, but the borders actually make it feel like there's more screen space.
Just a side note: Would it be possible to have vertical scrolling instead of horizontal? Could that be an option?

I agree with Michael0x18. I think the one on the right looks better. I also think that having vertical scrolling might be nice. However, I don't really mind horizontal scrolling that much either.

KMisthebomb wrote:
right is definitely better than left!

RoccoLox Programs wrote:
The one on the right looks better.

Thanks for all the input Very Happy, I like the right too!.
Yes, I can make the scrolling horizontal. I think it would fit the shell more just because of the shape of the calculator Smile.

Here is a concept, show casing horizontal scrolling and the new header (also changed a few icons):

Do you think vertical scrolling would be better if I decreased the spacing between each icon?

Just saw this.
name_here___ wrote:
but personally I think the right one actually has a bit *too* much horizontal space.

Ahh so the space between each icon may have been the cause, I make another concept show casing the closer spacing (with vertical scrolling).
A "small icons" mode might be cool, so if you were for instance in vertical mode, you could fit around 5 by 3 programs.

I think that the icon spacing shown in the vertical scrolling screenshot looks good.
slimeenergy wrote:
A "small icons" mode might be cool, so if you were for instance in vertical mode, you could fit around 5 by 3 programs.

I think that the icon spacing shown in the vertical scrolling screenshot looks good.

I think a small icon mode would be great as well! That way people could choose a more compact version or a larger version depending on their preferences. My dad, for example, likes larger UIs while I sometimes prefer a more compact one. Either way, the concept art is looking awesome as it is right now! Very Happy
slimeenergy wrote:

Ah okay, thanks Razz

TIny_Hacker wrote:
slimeenergy wrote:

I think a small icon mode would be great as well! That way people could choose a more compact version or a larger version depending on their preferences. My dad, for example, likes larger UIs while I sometimes prefer a more compact one. Either way, the concept art is looking awesome as it is right now! Very Happy

Thanks Very Happy, I will attempt to put resizing inside the settings, I don't see the need for a new version.

Quick Update:

I've been working on Oxygen's file system and some new Oxygen commands (running and editing programs) with the help of Espilon5 Smile. So far running a program works but reloading it's previous program is a pain (with oxygen).
Here is a Test :

Read more about the issue here!
Just a recommendation: when calling programs (from the GUI or CLI), could you put the arguments in ANS?
So if the user tries to run something (For example, "ED -NEW MYFILE"), ANS gets set to the stuff after the program name, (In this case, "-NEW MYFILE").
Michael0x18 wrote:
Just a recommendation: when calling programs (from the GUI or CLI), could you put the arguments in ANS?
So if the user tries to run something (For example, "ED -NEW MYFILE"), ANS gets set to the stuff after the program name, (In this case, "-NEW MYFILE").

AHHH I see. But what if the I use a command with 2 arguments? should I store a nothing in Ans or only store the first part.

Edit: Just noticed you were only talking about running programs and not other commands the GUI/CLI could easily store the program its going to run into Ans before running it. (I'll implement it Smile )
Quick Update:

(Xenon GUI) So last week I started implement some of the concept art and the is what I've got so far:

Don't mind the icon error, on the login. I had a few "issues" so I wanted to make the user icon unlimited to the size instead of resizing it over and over to fit inside the box (icon holder). so I decided to just center it what do you think about it?

Finally, I also I cleaned up the home screen and added the ram and rom free (I should change rom free to arc free Wink).

*Cleaned up concept art*

Also Oxygen is finished just testing many functions I'm guessing I will be releasing it with Xenon (just to make sure I have tested all the functions and add some new ones Razz).

I'll be adding the mouse next week (around Wednesday).
Very nice work! I am really loving all the work that you've done on this!
Quick question: when will there be a userbar for Xenon?
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Don't mind the icon error, on the login. I had a few "issues" so I wanted to make the user icon unlimited to the size instead of resizing it over and over to fit inside the box (icon holder). so I decided to just center it what do you think about it?

I think centering the icon should be fine, since that's what a lot of other software/websites do as well. I really like how it's starting to take shape; keep up the good work!
I decided to make a discord server for my projects (uhm copied Epsilon5). If you join you'll get exclusive "daily" updates on Xenon, and when Xenon Hits beta or alpha stages you can apply to join a beta testing program. I Also need admins *just 2* Razz

Join here: https://discord.gg/qfyszxrh8m

RoccoLox Programs wrote:
Very nice work! I am really loving all the work that you've done on this!
Quick question: when will there be a userbar for Xenon?

I'll be creating one, i'll post it on my discord Smile

TIny_Hacker wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

I think centering the icon should be fine, since that's what a lot of other software/websites do as well. I really like how it's starting to take shape; keep up the good work!

I mean like both centered in filled, so I just make put it in the settings.
Quick update:

I'm still testing Oxygen functions while building Xenon.

Alright, so I wanted to say I added the mouse a while back. After that I started get some huge bugs with oxygen's dynamic arrays and structs. There should be "new user" were the messed up print is.

Here some code of oxygen user_file system:
https://pastebin.com/6cP1tGri (expired)

Here is code the code for attempt to display:
https://pastebin.com/yf1fN5Zi (expired)
You're freeing a pointer that wasn't malloc'd:
Quote:
free(curr_icon);

I'm not sure if that's what's causing the issue but it's definitely wrong.

Also, in:
Quote:
oxy_user = realloc(oxy_user, oxy_UserSystem.user_amount++ * sizeof(struct oxy_user_t));

You're allocating the old size rather than the new size, as postfix ++ evaluates to the old value. Just move the increment to the previous line to make things easy to read. That's probably the problem, but I can't tell for sure without the full code.
commandblockguy wrote:
Also, in:
Quote:
oxy_user = realloc(oxy_user, oxy_UserSystem.user_amount++ * sizeof(struct oxy_user_t));

You're allocating the old size rather than the new size, as postfix ++ evaluates to the old value. Just move the increment to the previous line to make things easy to read. That's probably the problem, but I can't tell for sure without the full code.

This was the bug and was implement into many parts of oxygen's API, This fixed the bug and many more Smile.
Quick Update:

Happy July 4th!! Smile
If you haven't already joined the discord, I post daily news about Xenon's ecosystem development and exclusive news and upcoming updates. "Join here"

Mouse system:
The mouse works just fine now, allowing users to detect any set rectangle area. I also implemented to detect programs icon (noting new from Scratch CE).

File system:
Oxygen's Files system work perfectly: (Demo)

It detects all programs in the beginning and organizes them. Now I need to implement Oxygen icon grabber.

Saving and loading Oxygen's systems:
saving and loading from oxygen works fine and is all done in one file "OXYGEN" and also works with Xenon app var which is only one:

The program display's a boot screen the first time, loading in oxygen and xenon initialized data, the second time there is no boot screen showing that the program has pull data successfully from its app var.

Stay tune for the next update on Sunday!! Or join the discord for daily updates!!
I'm excited to keep seeing more updates and I can't wait to use Xenon when it's done! Will the color of the outline around the various buttons/info bars be customizable? This is the part I'm talking about:
TIny_Hacker wrote:
I'm excited to keep seeing more updates and I can't wait to use Xenon when it's done! Will the color of the outline around the various buttons/info bars be customizable? This is the part I'm talking about:

Yes, everything will be customizable, just like cesium.
Xenon Quick Update:

Happy Sunday Everyone!! Smile

I had a fun time developing Xenon and Oxygen this week! Let's get into the bits and pieces:

Mouse System:
There is a bit of an issue with the buffer system (I'm using gfx_Blit) when displaying the mouse which may lead to a change in Xenon's/Oxygen's buffering system.

File System:
There was a bit of issues this week with allocation of space for pointer, turn's out I was miss using the "gfx_UninitedSprite" (misspelled) and allocating way too much space cause oxygen's other systems (mouse, files, notifications) to crash.

But it was fixed later yesterday!!

Display Programs:
I implemented displaying programs on the home screen and grabbing program's icons.

If a program is inside of the home folder it displays it on the home screen like seen below.

Xenon CL Quick Update:

I haven't been developing Xenon CL as much as I've been for Xenon. I would be creating a prototype later next week, and updates will be posted on my discord server. (until the end of the week)

Thank you for reading the this week's quick update, stay tuned for next weeks Smile
Wow! This is really starting to take shape as a shell! Do you know how soon you'll have a release ready for the public? Great work on displaying programs on the home screen; it looks even better than I thought it would! Will it be possible to edit programs through Xenon?
Great work Alvajoy! I am loving how this is looking.

TIny_Hacker wrote:
Will it be possible to edit programs through Xenon?

I definitely think that this is a feature you should think about implementing. I'd be great to see.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours