Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Terminal needs to stay!! Someday it might do us good


I will keep the Terminal but that means in oder for me to make more space I need to store all my sprites into appvars by doing this shell will decrease by 2097 bytes.
That also means I need a to contact P_T about the writing sprites into appvars.
Thanks to BeckAdam for helping me store sprites in Appvars. the shell has lost apx. 2000 bytes, that means we have more space for upgrades and more features!!! Smile

Code:

Current size: 18561 bytes
Last Size: 20119 bytes


We have Also fixed the running bug and now adding features
I will be uploading the latest code to github hopefully by monday with the fixed bugs.

I will be starting the folder functions
Very Happy

*Development Update
To-Do Exclamation
I'm getting close to releasing the Next version of Xenon but i have some few thing I have to do.

  • Menu Pining / deleting (100%)
    Allow User to Pin a program into the menu
    > it deletes but it does not display pins correctly

  • Ram Leaks (ON HOLD)
    Program crashes due over searching

  • Adding [ON] + [PRGM] hook (ON HOLD)
    Allowing users to access Xenon without going to Prgm menu

  • Find bugs (50%)
    Looking for unknown bugs in Shell / Bugs are listed below
    Exclamation Bugs
    Unknown Crashing

  • GUI / UI update (0%)
    make shell have a slick new design. Good Idea

  • Adding Folder (0%)
    Allowing User to add folder Very Happy

  • Work on setting Layout (0%)
    Allowing users and developer to have more control over the shell
    With a better settings layout and *description under each setting*
    Also edit the AutoExit to control Exit time

  • Make Xenon terminal a separate program (100%)
    Allow Xenon Terminal (XTERM) to be optional


  • Alarm Clock feature (0%)
    Allowing users to set up alarms ( max amount is 2)

  • Fix reported bugs (100%)



Do you think Alarm will be needed?
Alvajoy123 wrote:
[...]


Do you think Alarm will be needed?


If you added an alarm feature I'd use it. Of course it's not necessary to have it, but it would be helpful.
slimeenergy wrote:
If you added an alarm feature I'd use it. Of course it's not necessary to have it, but it would be helpful.
I will be adding the alarm clock soon.

Updates

  • Thanks to LogicalJoe he has given a way to turn my 18000-byte shell to an 8000-byte shell !!!
    Good Idea Good Idea

  • Sorry to the user of Xenon I have failed to update the GitHub source code. Sad

  • I will be releasing the bug fixed version of Xenon by Sunday
    *on cemetech Razz


since the program is becoming more smaller we will have more space for upgrades and features !!!
that means more terminal commands!! more everything!! Laughing
*hopefully bugs don't pop up
Xenon Source code has been updated on Github. it should be bug free, If you find any bug please report.
Here Razz

Question for users?
How do you want to setup the Alarms, through Terminal or settings? Wink

I will also try to upload Development update daily.
Smile
* School has been taking me away Sad


*Development Update
To-Do Exclamation
I'm getting close to releasing the Next version of Xenon but i have some few thing I have to do.

  • Menu Pining / deleting (100%)
    Allow User to Pin a program into the menu
    > it deletes but it does not display pins correctly

  • Ram Leaks (ON HOLD)
    Program crashes due over searching

  • Adding [ON] + [PRGM] hook (ON HOLD)
    Allowing users to access Xenon without going to Prgm menu

  • Find bugs (60%)
    Looking for unknown bugs in Shell / Bugs are listed below
    Exclamation Bugs
    Unknown Crashing

  • GUI / UI update (0%)
    make shell have a slick new design. Good Idea

  • Adding Folder (0%)
    Allowing User to add folder Very Happy

  • Work on setting Layout (100%)
    Allowing users and developer to have more control over the shell
    With a better settings layout and *description under each setting*
    Also edit the AutoExit to control Exit time

  • Make Xenon terminal a separate program (100%)
    Allow Xenon Terminal (XTERM) to be optional


  • Alarm Clock feature (50%)
    Allowing users to set up alarms ( max amount is 2)

  • Fix reported bugs (100%)

*Development Update
To-Do Exclamation
I'm getting close to releasing the Next version of Xenon but i have some few thing I have to do.

  • Menu Pining / deleting (100%)
    Allow User to Pin a program into the menu
    > it deletes but it does not display pins correctly

  • Ram Leaks (ON HOLD)
    Program crashes due over searching

  • Adding [ON] + [PRGM] hook (ON HOLD)
    Allowing users to access Xenon without going to Prgm menu

  • Find bugs (60%)
    Looking for unknown bugs in Shell / Bugs are listed below
    Exclamation Bugs
    Unknown Crashing

  • GUI / UI update (0%)
    make shell have a slick new design. Good Idea


  • Adding Folder (0%)
    Allowing User to add folder Very Happy

  • Work on setting Layout (100%)
    Allowing users and developer to have more control over the shell
    With a better settings layout and *description under each setting*
    Also edit the AutoExit to control Exit time

  • Make Xenon terminal a separate program (100%)
    Allow Xenon Terminal (XTERM) to be optional


  • Alarm Clock feature (50%)
    Allowing users to set up alarms ( max amount is 2)

  • Fix reported bugs (100%)

  • Import command *Terminal* (2%)
    Allow developers to add there own commands to the terminal Smile

The program you gave me of Xenon's source, I compiled it. However, when opening the program, it crashes and resets my calc. I tested to see where it crashes. The first line of an ICE source program is the compiled program's name, and it crashes on the first line. I have the latest clibs, so I might get an older version.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
The program you gave me of Xenon's source, I compiled it. However, when opening the program, it crashes and resets my calc. I tested to see where it crashes. The first line of an ICE source program is the compiled program's name, and it crashes on the first line. I have the latest clibs, so I might get an older version.


Do you have the last version? on github?
also make sure you have both XENSPT files
Alvajoy123 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
The program you gave me of Xenon's source, I compiled it. However, when opening the program, it crashes and resets my calc. I tested to see where it crashes. The first line of an ICE source program is the compiled program's name, and it crashes on the first line. I have the latest clibs, so I might get an older version.


Do you have the last version? on github?
also make sure you have both XENSPT files


I have the latest version on github. I could not find XENSPT, however.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
The program you gave me of Xenon's source, I compiled it. However, when opening the program, it crashes and resets my calc. I tested to see where it crashes. The first line of an ICE source program is the compiled program's name, and it crashes on the first line. I have the latest clibs, so I might get an older version.


Do you have the last version? on github?
also make sure you have both XENSPT files


I have the latest version on github. I could not find XENSPT, however.

Make sure you have downloaded all the files then send the files to your calculator.
There should not be a problem at all just make sure u have all the files downloaded.
also, make sure you have the ICE github repo version downloaded!!
so any progress? fixing bugs...?
De2290 wrote:
so any progress? fixing bugs...?


The shell is stable and ready for but I have not uploaded the latest version.

But for now it will be paused because finals are coming in the U.S so I have been studying.

I also could not upload my CC22 project. Sad

I also did not know what the audience want does less responds. I will be starting the thread backup during summer. Smile
The school year will soon be over. \o/
I look forward to getting back on cemetech, for I have learned a lot.
I am sorry for the inconvenience and how long it took for the program to come out
I look forward to spending my time on Cemetech.

over the time of my School year. I have been thinking about how to make Xenon a good prouduct for the users of cemetech.

I reread all the replies that where sent to the thread. and notice the I have not added the Cemetech users wanted me to add. Oops... Neutral

so for the next few days, I will be adding the wanted

Edit.. : I just notice I uploaded the wrong source code and the last Github repo Sad . "need to fix that right away"
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement