Xenon Has been completed !! Smile

Adding a few touches to GUI.
There are still bugs. Sad

It's Basically in it's Debugging stages. Good Idea

I hope to release this shell hopefully Razz by the end of this year.
when are you going to release it?!
he'll probably tell us soon... but debugging may take some time
Just and john, he said "by the end of this year". It's December eleventh, I think you can wait at least the 20 days until the new year before poking for another release date. Rolling Eyes

Good work alvajoy, I look forward to seeing the final product!
Justin wrote:

Alvajoy123 wrote:
Xenon Has been completed !! Smile

Adding a few touches to GUI.
There are still bugs. Sad

It's Basically in it's Debugging stages. Good Idea

I hope to release this shell hopefully Razz by the end of this year.

Read the last sentence. Wink
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Good work Alvajoy, I look forward to seeing the final product!

Thank You. Very Happy , I look forward to releasing Beta Product this month

Justin wrote:

Justin, there is one month left in 2018 hopefully before January. Smile
I love when users ask me this question Good Idea it gives me hope and courage to finish the project.

Exclamation FAQ's

What are you doing so far?
So far I am almost done with the last touches to the GUI, am working on the INPUT call I want to make sure users see where they are typing with a cursor. Good Idea
Check out the first to see what am doing it will always be up to date

Are there going to any updates after Beta release?
Yes, Look forward to releasing more versions.

Is Xenon open source?
Xenon will be open source after first Beta release.

- Alvajoy
Exclamation Xenon Bug test Update

+: Adding to shell | *: Bug | "": comment

Running Programs
- Basic Programs
"Running basic programs work just fine Very Happy Good Idea "

-Asm Programs ('ICE Programs, C, etc.')
* 90% of programs run
* 10% of programs run and crash right after "RAM LEAK"

Running Program pins / Menu Bug testing
Good Idea
"Menu Allows 6 pins Good Idea "
+ Display Program Pin ICON
*Running basic programs from menu Run GREAT Rolling Eyes !
* taping the menu too much will lead to a crash "FREEZE" Sad // Due to shell program over scanning
* Pins does not display properly When Pins has been deleted.

Settings Idea
" Everything works in the settings "
+ Allow Lock screen logo
+ lock stat if a password is set
+ Add more settings

Terminal
" Do you think a terminal is needed "
* Test command syntax
* Echo crashing (due to sub(str2,6,7)=0 'ICE BUG')
+ Import command / using Xenon Compiler

Exclamation Feel free to comment Exclamation

Do you want Xenon?
I will be releasing Xenon on Fri, Dec 21 Good Idea

*is there to little settings?
I didn't take time to read the thread all the way through, but as of now how is the progress going?
Xenon will be released on Fri, Dec 21

TimmyTurner62 wrote:
I didn't take time to read the thread all the way through, but as of now how is the progress going?

So far Xenon Is done. It's now in stage 2 Razz of production. which means adding new features and making the shell better. I will be adding a better UI for program selection and more.

Here is a list of things Xenon Beta2 may have:
  • Import command for Term
  • profile picture maker
  • New GUI
  • Menu ICON display
  • Attrib editor
That looks an awful lot like cesium, to be honest 😂😂
Cesium port to ICE 🅱️ 😂

Interested to try it out and see how it runs, though
Although I enjoy the Cesium-like look, perhaps (later) you could try your hand at making a completely different looking GUI? Perhaps add some animations!
I'm not sure what 'menu ICON display' means, does it mean that you can view multiple programs/ icons at once? If not, I'd like to request that feature!
Well I tried your release, and it's a start I guess.

• You need a better ReadMe. It needs to tell us what this program does, how to install it, how to use it,
  • There's an issue with displaying icons. My ADVSPEED program (written in BASIC) just showed up as a black square. BLASTCSS (written in C) was a garbled mess of colors. DCS9IC (written in BASIC) seemed to have the wrong palette. Strangely, some programs, like Chess, displayed their icons just fine though.

• When I tried to run my ADVSPEED program, on my physical calc I got a memory error (I had 150K RAM before running it, after I had only 87K of RAM left. Which should still be plenty to run such a small program) On CEmu it just crashed.
  • The terminal can't seem to find any of my programs. (I don't quite understand the terminal syntax though, I'm typing in "RUN ADVSPEED" (without quotes) but the command list says something about a <a/b>)
  • Pinning is really weird. The first program is shown as *Pinned but doesn't show up in the pins list. When I pinned a different program, it showed up twice.

• When I tried to run a NO PIN, it froze for a few seconds but seemed to catch itself and just quit Xenon.
  • Sorting and renaming a program is also weird. I renamed the file 'AGARIO' to 'AGRIO' and Xenon sorted it to the very back of the programs list (with the Z's) even though it has an A as its first character. My HDPIC program was also sorted to the very back even though I didn't rename it.
  • I created a new file 'TEST', it got sorted to the back so I scrolled all the way over there. I accidentally went too far and I got into some corrupted name territory.

• The attributes menu stopped working for me. If I press [alpha] it just wont go into the attributes settings.
  • A feature request: Pressing a letter will direct you to the first program with that letter as its first character. (Like the Cesium search)

I found a few grammar errors
Creidts -> Credits
In the credits, PT_'s description should be -> Making the ICE compiler! Helping me with saving.
Under Mateo's description, Shell -> shell

That's all I found for now. Happy bugfixing!
Haha yes. Once the bugs gets ironed oout, thos maya become better than Cesium
Thank you TLM for the bug report Smile . I fixing them now.

Also, It seems that you are having trouble with the run command. This is the correct syntax 'RUN <A/B> PrgmName'. A/B meaning basic or Asm. Example "RUN B TEST" this will tell the shell that I am trying to run a basic program.

De2290 wrote:
Haha yes. Once the bugs gets ironed oout, thos maya become better than Cesium

HAHA, I hope so Very Happy

I will also be applying these fixes to beta 0.1.2 (next version)
Hello Cemetech,
I have finished fixing some of the bugs TLM has reported.
right now I am trying to add VAT organizing.

Do you want to help out with Xenon [C]?
Click here to help out

* This is Xenon C version
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Click here to help out

Nobody is going to write your program for you.
So, after anxiously waiting for this, I have a few issues
1. There seems to be this weird area where text gets corrupted.
2. Like TheLastMillenial's problem, palettes and pictures seem to have a problem.
3. Some programs don't work when you try to open
4. Randomly resets your calculator sometimes

Edit: A C version would be good and more stable. I wish I knew French
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Click here to help out

Nobody is going to write your program for you.

I did not ask Cemetech users to write the whole program for ME!!! Wink
I am moving to C and was asking if anyone wanted to help me out with the programming or add features to it. it basically a C open source version. Rolling Eyes

De2290 wrote:
So, after anxiously waiting for this, I have a few issues
1. There seems to be this weird area where text gets corrupted.
2. Like TheLastMillenial's problem, palettes and pictures seem to have a problem.
3. Some programs don't work when you try to open
4. Randomly resets your calculator sometimes

Edit: A C version would be good and more stable. I wish I knew French

I am looking into the icon displaying. I am trying my best to fix most bug right now.
also, the Text corrupted bug is an easy fix Smile . I will be releasing a program in Xenon Beta 0.1.2
that clear Xenon data. I will have to ask LAX18 about the running program issue. Very Happy
Alvajoy123 wrote:
I am moving to C and was asking if anyone wanted to help me out with the programming or add features to it. it basically a C open source version. Rolling Eyes

So basically, if they would write the program for you? It's your project, you are going to have to write the code.

If you need help with a specific feature or are facing implementation issues, that is "help". Asking for others to add "features" to your project for you is beyond that.

discord wrote:
[4:07 PM] <saxjax> [Alvajoy123] OMG Neutral / Sad
[4:07 PM] <saxjax> [Alvajoy123] iPhoenix if you don't have nothing good to say don't say it!!
[4:08 PM] <saxjax> [Alvajoy123] Am just saying.. Neutral

I fully think that everything I have said has been "good", in that it is intended to help you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours