For the past few days in between college and testing submodules for Boxman TTL, I've been dabbling with programming for the Super Nintendo. I've found some nice asm files that set up a lot of stuff for me, and this allowed me to create a simple program where the boxman guy scrolls across and down the screen. I've looked through so much documentation online and I can't figure out how to set up 2 (or just more than one) sprites to display on the screen. I'm going to include my code but keep in mind this is my first time programming in assembly, so a few things are going to be poorly written. I didn't write a majority of the code because right now a majority of it is infrastructure I got by going through tutorials.

Here's my code: (The .smc is the compiled file to be run in Super Nintendo emulators if you care to do so) Super Boxman 10-9-18.zip

I just want to see if anyone can help me get more than one sprite that I can change the attributes of. It all has to deal with OAM and DMA and I thought I understood it until I couldn't get more than one sprite. Anyway, if you think you can help, please do. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

EDIT:: In case you were wondering, I wrote the very small 2 chunks of code at the top of VBlank. The line in the middle you can ignore, but the 2nd chunk that looks identical to the first chunk was my attempt to get a second sprite but if you run the compiled .smc you'll see that it didn't work.
*bump*
I am still stuck on this. I can't find any new documentation online, or at least any that's related to my problem. I have a feeling I'm just missing something simple, so if you think you can help, please give it a shot. I really want to get this project going. The code is above along with the explanation of the problem. Thank you!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours