Hello guys/gals, I've looked around a bit at your forum and it seems as though you guys might know what to do about my problem.

I have a Ti-84 plus, yesterday my backpack got wet with my calculator inside.
When I turned on the calculator, the error "RAM Cleared" appeared. but it is very slow. I already use compressed air, but nothing Sad

Will it still work? Very hard insert the numbers but I can not perform another function.
I hope you can help me

Greetings.
A few things. RAM Clear isn't an error. It's just like a notification. As for your calculator being slow, try resetting it again (reset button on back or memory management [2nd]+[+]), completely wiping its memory, and/or reinstalling the OS.
Water damage is never a good thing, it is possible some components shorted etc.

If you can take it apart and let it dry for a few days that would be good. I would also check the linkport hardware as well.
jcgter777 wrote:
A few things. RAM Clear isn't an error. It's just like a notification. As for your calculator being slow, try resetting it again (reset button on back or memory management [2nd]+[+]), completely wiping its memory, and/or reinstalling the OS.

How do I reinstall the operating system?
, can I download the system from a page?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Water damage is never a good thing, it is possible some components shorted etc.

If you can take it apart and let it dry for a few days that would be good. I would also check the linkport hardware as well.

Thank you, I have already let it dry. And the disarmament for that, I hope to return today and that it works correctly
Please don't double post within 24 hours, it keeps the thread looking cleaner and more organized. Smile
As for reinstalling the OS, I suggest looking at this troubleshooting video:

There 's some time stamps in the description so you can find your calculator.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Please don't double post within 24 hours, it keeps the thread looking cleaner and more organized. Smile
As for reinstalling the OS, I suggest looking at this troubleshooting video:

There 's some time stamps in the description so you can find your calculator.

Hello guy,

I already installed the operating system, but it's still very slow. I can not use the same key twice
It sounds like you have a stuck key or debris like pencil lead in the link or USB ports. The stuck key could be physically stuck, or it could be a substance (eg, soda) that dried on the motherboard. Are any of those a possibility?
KermMartian wrote:
It sounds like you have a stuck key or debris like pencil lead in the link or USB ports. The stuck key could be physically stuck, or it could be a substance (eg, soda) that dried on the motherboard. Are any of those a possibility?

The calculator was in my backpack when it got water. I already checked and the ports are fine.
I will throw compressed air, once again
Hi guys/gals.

when applying compressed air, it started to work normally, but after 20 minutes it became slow again.
Also apply an Electronic Cleaner that is applied to electronic cards. I hope and it works

Thanks for the tips
Hello guys

By applying compressed air to the part of the sheet where the batteries go, he began to work normally. But in a while it starts to get slow.

I was making observations, if the sheet has to be affixed to the electrical board?

I put paper so that the sheet is fixed and work normally.

It is correct that the sheet that covers the electrical card has to be well fixed or stuck, and if so, what special glue is it?
If you did not open it up yet, don't.

Opening it up voids the warranty.

Call Up TI Cares and see what they can do first.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours