What is the best completed project of August 2018?
Arcade Bartop DIY tutorial powered by RetroPie & Rasperr
 44%  [ 4 ]
Attack of the Snails!!!
 44%  [ 4 ]
iPhoenixBot
 0%  [ 0 ]
Online Pictochat Remake
 0%  [ 0 ]
RPG Game: The RPG You've Seen Before
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Hello fellow Cemetechians! I have found a little bit of time this labor day weekend to write, and am back with another POTM for the month of August! For many, this month was the start of another school year. However we still saw many amazing projects being worked on, some of which were released! Take a look:
  • Agenda CE [ICE]: SM84CE has some awesome plans for a new electronic agenda program, written in ICE! Here you will supposedly be able to keep track of your classes and other events, all from your calculator! There isn't much code yet, but it looks like it will be a great project!
  • Arcade Bartop DIY tutorial powered by RetroPie & Rasperr: This project was a wonderful surprise! New Cemetech member Ryadel has constructed an arcade game player, which can sit on a bartop or other table! This project is fully completed, and has images, documentation, and much more in the thread! Be sure to check it out!
  • Attack of the Snails!!!: This project, being worked on by _iPhoenix_, is a port of an unreleased TI-BASIC game into Assembly! It is _iPhoenix_'s first actual Assembly game, and it features fun sprites and an epic font. It looks cool, and was released into the archives this month, so go check it out!
  • BasicNote CE Progress Thread: After a successful release last month, Michael2_3B has made a few updates to his powerful TI-Basic text editor this month! With the current version being 1.1.2, there is now a find&replace feature and a compression on/off feature to save time! Be sure to check this one out!
  • BOSshell for the TI-84+CE Development thread: beckadamtheinventor has been hard at work on his epic new shell for the TI-84+CE, in the ICE language! BOSshell, which stands for "Beckadam Operating System Shell", will be capable of many of the things you'd expect out of a shell: file and folder management and editing, file importing, various subroutines, and more! There looks to be a pre-release in the thread now, so go check it out!
  • Boxman TTL: Botboy3000 has recently announced that he will be porting his famous box game to another piece of hardware he is making! It will use TTL, or transistor-transistor logic, and we can't wait to see this project develop.
  • Calc Crusader (TI-84 Plus CE, ICE): An adventurous and fun looking game, dankcalculatorbro has continued work on this Oregon trail-esque, city conquering game. This month, among many other things, he has updated battle mechanics, saving, soldier count, and more. Go show the author some support!
  • CEmu - A CE Emulator: MateoConLechuga has made a huge update to his full TI-84+ CE emulator! With version 1.1, there are many helpful additions for programmers, as well as GUI improvements, other improvements and bug fixes. Be sure to get the latest version!
  • Gateway to Legend: 123outerme has released some more betas for his awesome new computer RPG game! There are screenshots and downloads in the thread, don't miss out on them!
  • Generating electricity from sound.: TheLastMillennial has come up with an ambitious new project. Though difficult, the author plans on getting some microphones or piezos in order to generate power. The power may be minimal, but this project sounds very awesome and could potentially power small things like an analog clock!
  • HD picture viewer [ICE] [TI-84 Plus CE]: TheLastMillennial has made some awesome progress on his project this month! He has fixed some math and other things, and now has a menu to display different pictures! This project is developing quite nicely, so be sure to go check it out and show him some support!
  • iPhoenixBot: This month, _iPhoenix_ tried his hand at creating his own bot that imitates his own IRC chat logs. Inspired by nikkybot, iPhoenixBot looks like a cool new spin in the bot area. Be sure to check it out!
  • KryptonIDE - A better program editor for the TI 84+ CE: KryptonicDragon has made a ton of progress on this project this month! He has changed and added a ton of features to his program editor, so be sure to check them out! There are also beta releases in the thread, so don't miss them!
  • Latest News on Star Trek: This month, ACagliano has made some neat progress on his Star Trek game! There are some flashy screenshots in the thread, and be sure to go show ACag some support!
  • Maker Faire: Calculator Controlled LED Cube: Nik has been hard at work preparing for the upcoming Maker Faire! The plan is to have an animated LED cube displayed, with a GUI on the calculator that is able to customize animations and change the colors of the LED. It is not quite done yet, but be sure to check out the code and electronics information if you're interested or can help!
  • NOS - An alternative shell: Created by LAX18, NOS is still under development! NOS promises to be a simple shell to scroll through programs, similar to a Kindle Fire Home Screen. This month, LAX18 has done a lot of work internally, but he has also posted an icon creation contest! Go show the project some love!
  • Online Pictochat Remake: This month, Cemetech member ckosmic has come up with a Pictochat remake, from the DS into HTML. Pictochat has almost all the features of the original such as typing, drawing, dragging letters from the keyboard, rooms, and more, and allows you to creatively chat with friends online! Go check this project out!
  • RPG Game: The RPG You've Seen Before: One of our newer Cemetech members, [PixelPerfect], has stepped right out and released his first program! As the title suggests, it may be simple, but it looks cool nonetheless! Don't forget to look at this one.
  • Text Dungeon Progress!: Yet another new program from [PixelPerfect], this Text Dungeon game looks to be a simple but promising RPG through an endless dungeon! It is not finished yet, but check out the cool screenshots in the thread, and show the author some support!

Hats off to everyone who completed a project, and to those who are still working hard to finish their own projects despite time constraints! As always, be sure to check out each of the projects listed, and vote for your favorite completed project in the poll.
Quick reminder that we had some awesome projects completed this month, and everyone should look at the projects being worked on!

Be sure to vote in the poll!
Haha
POTM wrote:
TheLastMillennial has made some awesome progress on his project this month! He has fixed some math and other things, and now has a menu to display different pictures! This project is developing quite nicely, so be sure to go check it out and show him some support!

HDpic Thread wrote:

Anyways, looks like some great projects! I look forward to seeing all of the unreleased ones being finished! As for the projects:
I'm ashamed I only remembered the Arcade project after you mentioned it, I really like its reletively small, but retro look!

Congratulations iPhoenix on creating a working game in ASM! I'm happy to see you're getting the hang of ASM so soon!

iPhoenix bot: "More like I'm prepetual! Ur doing it wrong?" (quoted from nikkybot :P)

The pictochat website was really cool! It's quite glitchy on desktop displays, but the experience was pretty nice on my phone.

I'm impressed [pixelperfect] was able to release a successful RPG so soon after registering! I'm looking forward to more programs from him!

Choosing a project for my vote was really challenging, I settled for the Arcade project since I really like it's looks, and that it has a full, professional tutorial. Good job!
I'm genuinely humbled, and also somewhat impressed that I've managed to make this list with Star Trek, especially considering how long this project has been "under development", restarted, paused, etc. lol. But to that end, I can't wait to have it playable and released, which with any luck should be soon. As soon as I trace that dang Z axis bug..

At any rate, congratulations to the many deserving others who made this list, and best of luck with your projects as well!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours