I've been running a calculator YouTube channel called TI84CalcWiz for the past year or so, and it's been going pretty well (recently hit 300K views overall).
However, a lot of competitors have been starting up, many of which are actually producing really high-quality videos, so I am looking to step up the quality of my videos.

Here is the most recent video I have been working on:

What do you guys think? Is all of my information correct? Is there anything I could improve with the actual video/production quality?
Please let me know what you think!
C'mon man, you just had to make a better video than mine! Razz

Yeah, that was really good. How did you get the render of the screen capture inside a monitor? That was pretty neat!
What software are you using to edit the videos and how long have you been using it?
Also, how do you make those thumbnails, I assume you're using Photoshop?

As far as I can tell, your information is all correct. However, I don't know if you could get into any trouble by showing where to get the ROMs. Also, Nintendo has taken down a few ROM sites recently so that site may not even be up forever). compatibility reasons, wouldn't it be better to show how to use the website converter? I like how you showed how to use the .exe and I think you should include it if you can, but it kinda narrows down your audience.

I don't really want to be your competitor, I'd still like to work together such as helping promoting each others videos. You've got far more subscribers and recognition than I do, there's no way I can survive trying to beat you. Sad
Thanks for the feedback!

I did all of the editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects (I've been using them for around 3 years now), but I am hoping to switch to Blackmagic Davinci Resolve and Fusion in the near future (free and better). I basically just took a picture from Google Images, positioned my screen recording in 3D space to match the monitor, and then created a virtual camera to move around. I'm pretty happy with how it came out, but it took over 7 hours to render Sad

For the thumbnails, I have been editing them in After Effects as well, even though it is technically designed for video...I just find Photoshop to be unbelievably unintuitive in comparison.

I think I am safe enough showing how to download the ROMs, but I am honestly not sure...however there are a lot of other tutorials online showing you how to do it that have been up for a few years.

I see what you mean about the website converter. I originally didn't include it because I didn't want to confuse users with so many websites and downloads, but then I realized Mac users wouldn't be able to use it. Hopefully, I'll have time to clear that up a bit.

And don't worry, I'm not looking to be your competitor! Your videos are far more comprehensive than mine and are handy whenever someone is having trouble sending files or getting error messages. I've even listed your calculator repair guide in the resources section of my website!
I am mostly focusing on websites like CalcKing and King Rio Bird, as they are starting to rank higher than my content in searches. I am trying to take TI84CalcWiz more seriously, and I am investing more time/money into it. Maybe one day it will even be a Cemetech competitor! Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours