I have been working on a Kerbal Space Program plugin that allows you to remotely control and monitor the flight of vessels through a TCP connection. Simultaneously, I have been working on a MFD client that currently has a flight map and a navball, rendered in an external application:

For example, here's a picture of the client rendering a navball and a map showing the two runways (KSC 09/27 and Island) as lines, as well as a dashed line to help the pilot lineup with the Island runway:

I plan on adding more configurable instruments as well as some auto-piloting functionality. I have wanted to add the ability to render the video feed from a camera mod such as hullcam or docking cam (KURS?) but figuring out how those mods actually render anything proved kinda hard, since their code is not straight forward at all.

I have a thread on for this on the KSP forums here, but I posted it on cemetech becouse I know there are some KSP players here Smile
Wow, that's really cool! It'd be really neat if you could hook this up to one of those fancy wireless control systems and have lots of little screens for the different cameras. (if you can get that working) Razz

Now if only my computer could handle doing 2 things at once...
TheLastMillennial wrote:

The struggle is real. I have the same issue.

This looks incredibly cool! Whenever I get around to playing KSP I will be sure to try this out! (PC depending)
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Wow, that's really cool! It'd be really neat if you could hook this up to one of those fancy wireless control systems and have lots of little screens for the different cameras. (if you can get that working) Razz

You mean a simpit? As you know, I have had plans to build a simpit in the past, so that may be a thing someday Wink I have in fact looked into displaying cameras, but unfortunately i cant really make head or tail of how to make a camera system mod in KSP. Sad

LAX18 wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:

The struggle is real. I have the same issue.

The application doesn't require to much horsepower to run, but it does require openGL 3.3. This unfortunately means you cant run it on older laptops. I could set a day aside to make a openGL 2.1 version, but I don' have (working) openGL 2.1 hardware that I can test on.
Hey dont worry about accommodating to me. You get your plugin running for what majority of the KSP players have!

P.S Still do not have KSP either.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours