Does anyone have any idea on the specs on this device? I am trying to use it as the manual says, but it seems that it wont read SD cards larger than 4 GB as I've read from various sites online. Also, the site to download extra games is not as advertised. This device comes with 81 games and is advertised to be extendable with more downloadable games, but I haven't had any success. Does anyone here have any advice?
Decepticon7 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea on the specs on this device? I am trying to use it as the manual says, but it seems that it wont read SD cards larger than 4 GB as I've read from various sites online. Also, the site to download extra games is not as advertised. This device comes with 81 games and is advertised to be extendable with more downloadable games, but I haven't had any success. Does anyone here have any advice?

you *could* format the drive so that only X number of bytes are availible, so that would trick the system
into thinking the drive was smaller.
I suspected the real issue is the device doesn't support SDHC cards, which a quick search confirmed in an Amazon review and the manufacturer's FAQ, though the latter seems wrong because SDHC is any card larger than 2GB, not 8GB as that FAQ states.

Formatting tricks won't do, you'll need to get a card no larger than 2GB.
Thanks and thanks 4 the quote link needed that

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours