Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
KhiCAS is a port of my Giac/Xcas computer algebra system (CAS) for the Casio CG50 or Graph90+e, it provides algebra, calculus, solvers, linear algebra, graphs, ... commands for highschool to University maths.
Documentation :
English https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/casio/khicasioen.html
French https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/casio/khicasio.html
Download :
English https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/casio/khicasen.g3a
French https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/casio/khicas.g3a
It is licensed under the GPL2. Some interface code was borrowed from Eigenmath UI written by G. Maia, however KhiCAS is a far more complete CAS than Eigenmath.
Enjoy!
Welcome to Cemetech, parisse, and thank you for sharing this with us! Would you consider uploading KhiCAS to the relevant folder in our Downloads section? I'm also curious what it adds on top of Eigenmath, given how much I've enjoyed gbl08ma's port of Eigenmath to the Casio Prizm.
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, parisse, and thank you for sharing this with us! Would you consider uploading KhiCAS to the relevant folder in our Downloads section? I'm also curious what it adds on top of Eigenmath, given how much I've enjoyed gbl08ma's port of Eigenmath to the Casio Prizm.

I planed do that in a couple of days, just to make sure there is nothing evident to fix (consider the current version as a release candidate).
As for what it can do w.r.t. Eigenmath, here is a non exhaustive list:
* limits
* asymptotic series expansion (Taylor expansion at infinity)
* much more antiderivatives: integrate works with algorithms, not with a table of integrals. Examples: integrate(1/(x^4-1)^2), integrate(sin(x)*exp(x)), integrate(exp(x^2)*(2x^2+1)), ...
* discrete symbolic sums like sum(k^2,k,1,n)
* solve equations, systems, differential equations, recurrences
* exact eigenvector/eigenvalues (vs numeric in Eigenmath)
* programming with Python-like syntax, including a step by step debugger
For example the Mandelbrot fractal

Code:

def FRA(X,Y,Nmax):
  # local w,h,y,c,x,z,j
  w=2.7/X
  h=-1.87/Y
  Y=Y-1
  for y in range(ceiling(Y/2)+1):
    c = -2.1+i*(h*y+0.935)
    for x in range(X):
      z = 0
      for j in range(Nmax):
        if abs(z=z**2+c)>2:
          break
      set_pixel(x,24+y,5100*j+512)
      set_pixel(x,24+Y-y,5100*j+512)
      c = c+w;
    set_pixel() # synchronize screen

Then FRA(100,100,10) will display a small fractal picture (takes some time).
I have been 'playing' with KhiCas and it's true, it has lots of advantages compared to the official MicroPython of the Casio CG50/Graph 90+e, but KhiCas has still important bugs, like:
I cannot create a new file/program, it appears to be saved with no error messages but it is not created. The only thing I could do is to create a new program with the official Casio Python and then modify/save with KhiCas.

Also KhiCas freezed a couple of times, I had to do a reset of the calculator.
Other minor problems are there so, for now, I will continue using the Casio Python app with its limitations.
On the fx-CG50 / Graph 90+E, KhiCAS has to deal with the memory size limitations for a program (app), and the maximum size is relatively low. Bernard Parisse had to cut into the XCAS feature set, and allocate less memory at various places, which created some bugs.
I decided to do a factory reset on my CG50 after a few months installing programs to test, and I installed KhiCas again. The good news is now it saves the new files I create with it! So apparently everything is fine.
On the other hand, while testing Python commands I found some unexpected results in a few programs I wrote, but I need to test it further to check if there is something wrong with KhiCas or with the code I wrote.

Cheers!
Make sure to get the latest version of KhiCAS, I have fixed bugs recently.
More bugfixes and one important new feature : clock is now displayed in the shell and program editor.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours