I am trying to create a game and I need a tilemap. But I don't know where to start. I know the documentation said to use convpng and convtile but I have no idea what that is talking about. and I cant seem to get either to work. I usually use ICEspritecreator for all of my sprites... Can I use that to create a tile map?
No, you can't use ICEspritecreator for creating a tileset, because that exists of many sprites. Why don't you just follow the instructions in the documentation? That is probably the best and fastest way to do it. If you have any questions about *that*, feel free to ask me.
PT_ wrote:
No, you can't use ICEspritecreator for creating a tileset, because that exists of many sprites. Why don't you just follow the instructions in the documentation? That is probably the best and fastest way to do it. If you have any questions about *that*, feel free to ask me.

ok well probaly the main issue is that when i try to download the tile converter it says that the page isnt found... also I downloaded the png converter but it wont run. It just pops up for a split second then goes away... Im probaly using it wrong...
Oops, it is indeed the wrong link. This is the right one: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/convtile/releases
PT_ wrote:
Oops, it is indeed the wrong link. This is the right one: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/convtile/releases

oh ok I was really confused. I thought it was my computers fault... Glad to be of help Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours