1. Python support. It would be nice to have a useable programming language that is simple yet powerful.
2. Community App Support. Earlier, Texas Instruments released SDK's that people could use to make apps. They haven't done that with the CE yet.
3. Remove OS Checking. With the OS checking on the TI-84 Plus CE, it is impossible to make your own OS. If we could make our own OS, it would bring the calculator to new possibilities. Unfortunately, finding the signing key would probably take over 30 years on a monstrous supercomputer...
1. The TI-Python is a thing, though having separate hardware for it is really lazy on TI's part. Also, C is usable, simple, and powerful.
2. There's a way to generate an app already. Cesium uses it. You can't transfer the app, but there's not really any benefit to a program being an app anyway, besides showing up in the apps menu.
3. I think FreeOS allows you to install a custom OS, though that might be broken on newer versions.
Isn't a porogram coded in C basiclly an ASM program compiled from instructions written in C?

In other words, wouldn't a program compiled in C be recognized as an ASM program by the calculator or is C-programming support built in to the OS?

Apps would be nice tho, or at least an easy way to use lower case letters in Program names.
C is compiled into assembly, yes. This is the way most programming languages work and is significantly faster than interpreted languages like python and TI-BASIC

Apps are completely doable already, except for if you want to transfer them. I'm not sure what lowercase letters have to do with that.
I'm talking about an easier way to name your programs using lower case letters, like how most TI-written apps are displayed in the Apps list.
commandblockguy wrote:

3. I think FreeOS allows you to install a custom OS, though that might be broken on newer versions.

Sadly yes, FreeOS is broken on new calculators, some as early as August (aka when I bought mine) It's a shame. With such a community we could take the calculator to new heights.
I tried FreeOS, and my calculator broke down. I tried everything until I realized that the ON + 2ND + DEL + RESET put my calc in an error mode, and I was able to reinstall the OS (It took an effort of 3 people)!
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
I'm talking about an easier way to name your programs using lower case letters, like how most TI-written apps are displayed in the Apps list.

I have written a program that allows lowercase letters and symbols in program names, provided you have Cesium shell
Also, have you tried out ICE Compiler (or my scripting language, ScriptCE)?
They are all good alternatives to TI-Basic.
If you want the custom program naming, it is built into ScriptCE.

Hope this helps,
calclover2514 wrote:
I have written a program

Which one? Can you link the download, please?
[quote="calclover2514"]
ShinyGardevoir wrote:

If you want the custom program naming, it is built into ScriptCE.

Hope this helps,

So search that
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
calclover2514 wrote:
I have written a program

Which one? Can you link the download, please?

http://ceme.tech/DL1855
Thank you for the link.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours