Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

How excited are you for this project???
SUPER EXCITED!!
 13%  [ 12 ]
SUPER FRUITY EXCITED!!
 43%  [ 40 ]
All of the above
 43%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 92

Looks great! Are you using the rotatesprite routines in the lib or just have more frames per fruit now? Either way it is very smooth and looks speedy enough.

Agree with Mateo as it doesn't look like there is any frame timing implemented yet, this should help with speed consistency.

Would be good to see an extended screenshot that goes for a bit longer too. Great job!
I enjoyed the version for the monochrome calcs alot. This will be very cool to see completed. Keep up the great work!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Looking awesome; the rotation is near perfect. Smile

I would suggest setting up a frame timer using one of the hardware timers. This way you can either check if it has expired or wait for it to; that way you don't get the speed issues.

That sounds good, but could you elaborate in a bit simpler terms?

tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks great! Are you using the rotatesprite routines in the lib or just have more frames per fruit now? Either way it is very smooth and looks speedy enough.

Agree with Mateo as it doesn't look like there is any frame timing implemented yet, this should help with speed consistency.

Would be good to see an extended screenshot that goes for a bit longer too. Great job!

Again, I need a bit of an explanation of frame timing, or I will try to look it up when I get home.

I am only using the rotatesprite function as of now. No additional sprites yet. But Iím hoping to add more, to have more of a 3d rotation effect if possible.
@Michael2_3B, What is the progress, I saw this forum a while ago, but there have not been any new posts, keep up the great work Good Idea Smile TI-84+ CE
JonnyJJ24 wrote:
@Michael2_3B, What is the progress, I saw this forum a while ago, but there have not been any new posts, keep up the great work Good Idea Smile TI-84+ CE

Unfortunately there has been absolutely no progress on this, as life has been quite busy this school year. As you can see I've paused development and updated the title of the thread.

When I do get some time, I might try to continue development with the start menu before working on the gameplay again.
Update.

Life's been pretty busy lately, so I won't be working on this project anymore, but I'm still here on the site occasionally.

I've passed off the entire Fruit Ninja CE project to Pieman, so be sure to nag him as much as possible.

That is all Smile
finish the project Pieman Smile
It's been nice having you around Michael!

CalebHansberry wrote:
finish the project Pieman Smile

Finish the project Pieman! Smile
No clue where Pieman is.

Here's something I guess. Tried to create a menu for the game.


Let me know what you think!
Oooh very nice! I really like the background color you chose too!
Almost makes me think you're working on this project again. Wink Wink Wink
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Oooh very nice! I really like the background color you chose too!
Almost makes me think you're working on this project again. Wink Wink Wink


Thanks!

I'm hoping I can get the swiping engine implemented into the menu just for the simple game-starting swipe. At the moment the watermelon on the menu is just linked to a button.

As for actually working on this project again... my time does seem to be freeing up a little, but I should have you know I still suck at programming Razz
Like the progress!!!
I'm here! I just got distracted and busy 😭 I'm sorry for letting everyone down once again...
Pieman7373 wrote:
I'm here! I just got distracted and busy 😭 I'm sorry for letting everyone down once again...

Thatís totally fine, I mean if you donít actually want to be co-author I understand...

In other news I have decided to unpause development, right now I am working on building the menu obviously and hopefully my next step might be a little bit of work on the gameplay! Been thinking about maybe adding simulated screen shaking when hitting a fruit?

Progress will still be a bit slow but itís progress.
Michael2_3B wrote:
Pieman7373 wrote:
I'm here! I just got distracted and busy 😭 I'm sorry for letting everyone down once again...

Thatís totally fine, I mean if you donít actually want to be co-author I totally understand...

In other news I have decided to unpause development, right now I am working on building the menu obviously and hopefully my next step might be a little bit of work on the gameplay! Been thinking about maybe adding simulated screen shaking when hitting a fruit?


And when you hit a bomb it should shake the screen a lot. Maybe even add a shock wave.
I do want to co-author
Pieman7373 wrote:
I do want to co-author

Okay, that's great! I would say for now maybe try creating your own fruit sprites, or if you would like to delve into the gameplay you could maybe redo the bomb explosion animation or work on the screen shake idea.

Up to you really, just let me know your thoughts.

slimeenergy wrote:
And when you hit a bomb it should shake the screen a lot. Maybe even add a shock wave.

I like that idea!

EDIT:
Here is a lesson to myself on why I should've centered my sprites when I drew them on the canvas.


tr1p1ea wrote:
Would be good to see an extended screenshot that goes for a bit longer too. Great job!

Also tr1p1ea mentioned getting a longer view of the game to see the continuous and smooth rotation now. I figured that out a while ago, but still of course there are some bugs in the splitting graphics.

I also haven't quite figured out frame timing if anyone wants to help with consistent speed.
I am good at sprites! What size do they need to be?
Pieman7373 wrote:
I am good at sprites! What size do they need to be?


Sprites need to be 32x32.

Current sprites include watermelon, apple, pear, pineapple, strawberry, red_apple, and bomb.

Edit:
If you actually want to try everything, there is also this whole list:

Code:
Watermelons
Green Apples
Red Apples
Pears
Pineapples
Strawberries
Grapes
Kiwis
Bananas
Pomegranates

Not yet included:
Mangoes
Coconuts
Lemons
Limes
Oranges
Plums
Passionfruits
Peaches
Dragon Fruits


Along with the whole sprites there also needs to be the top half as a separate sprite and the bottom half as a separate sprite.
And make sure they are centered on the canvas Smile
Fantastic!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 6
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement