How excited are you for this project???
SUPER EXCITED!!
 9%  [ 19 ]
SUPER FRUITY EXCITED!!
 44%  [ 89 ]
All of the above
 46%  [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 201

Looks good, it seems like it's almost ready for a release? I look forward to more updates on this project, as well as Terrain CE.

Michael2_3B wrote:
why did y'all leave fruit ninja ce to the least skilled c programmer on this site

That's not true, you're definitely better than me, and I'm probably better than at least a few others on this site. You've made a lot of progress on this project, so keep it up.
Great work so far! At least you're making something in C, I can't say the same for me. Laughing
EDIT: TLM 1500th post!
Well thanks for the encouragement guys! Razz

epsilon5 wrote:
Looks good, it seems like it's almost ready for a release?

Almost, I have a few small things to add/adjust, I must modify the zen gameplay slightly, and I must continue to try to figure out how to smooth the frames. Once that's done, it's ready.
How are you doing on the project?
Gyo V. wrote:

Please read the previous posts. Razz
Gyo V. wrote:

I have not worked on it in ages and I cannot make any promises on a release date, but I'll look into it at some unspecified time in the near future and see what I can do.

The game is mostly functional but not quite optimized and I still haven't worked out the smooth fps problem (the game slows down or drops frames the more sprites that are on screen). Other than that the mechanics and menus are all pretty much set.

Thank you for your interest and sorry for the delay
Michael2_3B wrote:
Gyo V. wrote:

I have not worked on it in ages and I cannot make any promises on a release date, but I'll look into it at some unspecified time in the near future and see what I can do.

The game is mostly functional but not quite optimized and I still haven't worked out the smooth fps problem (the game slows down or drops frames the more sprites that are on screen). Other than that the mechanics and menus are all pretty much set.

Can you please release a file to download to put on the calculator? I dont really care if there are small bugs and glitches, it looks like the game is already playable and I want to olay this game.
joshua1234 wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:
Gyo V. wrote:

Can you please release a file to download to put on the calculator? I dont really care if there are small bugs and glitches, it looks like the game is already playable and I want to olay this game.

There’s a file download here if you want to play now: https://github.com/Michael2-3B/FruitNinjaCE/blob/master/bin/FRTNINJA.8xp

It’s not an official release or anything, it’s just the latest build from 16 months ago.

In the meantime, I am working on this project a little bit to get it ready for an actual release, even if it’s not fully polished I’m now promising to have that out within the next couple weeks or so and definitely before the end of the year. I’ve had enough people bugging me on tiplanet and discord that I figure now is the time to finish it up Smile
I didn't know this existed until this popped up on TI-Planet. I'm glad there is a Fruit Ninja game for the CE, because the monochrome one was extremely popular. This looks promising and fun to play Smile
Bit of an update:

-Increased user-friendliness by adding indicators such as [4] or [9] or [3] or [*] representing what buttons to press to trigger the menu options.

-Added pomegranate explosion (floods the screen with red/pink for a little bit)

-Added # of slices indicator near to the pomegranate that displays as you slice it

-Pomegranate slows down to half its usual speed once you've sliced it at least once, so as to allow you to potentially hit it even more

-Pomegranate now eliminates all other fruits on the board once it explodes, and adds those other fruits to your score

-Small little x's (strikes) show up for a moment at the bottom of the screen where you've missed a fruit

-The game removes a strike every 50 points now instead of 100

-And finally, I am working on an actual README.txt for the game since I haven't done that yet!

Really wish I could smooth out the frames when more sprites are on the screen, but hey at least I've got the physics running at a consistent speed. Will probably be releasing it just about as-is here at least by November or sooner.

I realize that I started this project over 3 years ago, so I apologize for neglecting to finalize and release this project for so long Razz Anyway, here's the latest screenshot:

This might be a bit nitpicky; I know that pomegranates are red, but having the whole screen being 255, 0, 0 red for a split second isn't really good for one's eyes. Maybe make the explosion a little bit more pink so that it's better for the eyes will still making sense for the color of the fruit.
This is an awesome update Michael! Glad to see you're sticking with it even years later. I can't wait to try this out!
FRUIT NINJA CE IS RELEASED IN THE ARCHIVES
Download it here: http://ceme.tech/DL2207

I started this project an astounding 3.5 years ago, and I sincerely apologize that it's taken me so long to put it in the archives! A lot of this time was spent not working on the project at all, as I tackled life stuff and mental health stuff. Nonetheless I am still proud to release it, it isn't perfect, but it is most definitely playable and very fun! Be sure to let me know what you think!

Some of my final changes:
-The pomegranate explosion color is no longer bright red, but a bit darker and more purple.
-Slicing the pomegranate at all will forgive any other fruits that fall off screen while the pomegranate is on the board.
-I realized the game was much easier on-calc as compared to on CEmu, so strikes are now forgiven every 100 points again rather than 50.
-I changed the iconc png (for Cesium or any shell that uses it) to a pineapple instead of the watermelon

Enjoy!

EDIT: GitHub is now updated as well, and has an official release.
Michael2_3B wrote:

I started this project an astounding 3.5 years ago, and I sincerely apologize that it's taken me so long to put it in the archives! A lot of this time was spent not working on the project at all, as I tackled life stuff and mental health stuff. Nonetheless I am still proud to release it, it isn't perfect, but it is most definitely playable and very fun! Be sure to let me know what you think!

-The pomegranate explosion color is no longer bright red, but a bit darker and more purple.
-Slicing the pomegranate at all will forgive any other fruits that fall off screen while the pomegranate is on the board.
-I realized the game was much easier on-calc as compared to on CEmu, so strikes are now forgiven every 100 points again rather than 50.

Enjoy!

HYPE!!
Thank you so much!
Yes you did it! After twenty thousand years of waiting for the official release! Laughing Laughing Laughing Great Job by the way!!! And its getting a lot of views on youtube thanks to TheLastMillennial!
Michael2_3B wrote:

-I changed the iconc png (for Cesium or any shell that uses it) to a pineapple instead of the watermelon

Enjoy!

Congrats on getting it finished!!
I've been playing this and it is very fun! I think I'm starting to get the hangout of the keypad now, but it took some getting used to Razz

Congratulations on finishing the project, you did a great job!
I created a very fun video of my own, to promote the game!

Check it out:

or click here: https://youtu.be/f7vpBOCebN8

I also want to formally give thanks to TheLastMillennial, who created this video:
slimeenergy wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

Enjoy!

Congrats on getting it finished!!

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some installation help, I'm not sure what files to upload cause there are only certain ones that the calculator will take, and it doesn't take folders.
pomjoep wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some installation help, I'm not sure what files to upload cause there are only certain ones that the calculator will take, and it doesn't take folders.

1. Download the Fruit Ninja CE ZIP file from here, and unzip it
2. Download clibs.8xg from https://tiny.cc/clibs
3. Open TI-Connect CE on your computer, and connect your cable from your computer to your calculator
4. Send FRTNINJA.8xp (from the unzipped file) and clibs.8xg to your calculator.
5. Run FRTNINJA on your calculator by selecting it from the programs list

The same information I just gave you is also in the README, under "[Installation and Execution]"

If your calculator gives you an error when trying to run it, you probably also need to download arTIfiCE since assembly is disabled on later OS versions. If you have OS 5.4 or earlier you shouldn't need it though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours