Honestly, i think that this will probably end in me replacing my ti-84 plus ce but i want to check all possible options before i do so. When i woke up this morning i turned on my calculator and the screen was white except a little bit on the side (heres a photo
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVQN7lKB-3HxAozhxJWf7r6rSbdpuXUf/view?usp=sharing )
I have no idea what could have caused this as i dont remember dropping it and i put it in the little case thing that goes on top of the front when im not using it.
I tried a lot of troubleshooting options, such as resetting it (holding down 2nd del and reset) then putting a new os, taking the battery out, charging it completely, and of course, turning it on and off again. When i connect it to my computer it recognizes it and im able to take screen captures, which show all of my buttons working. This is what leads me to believe its the screen itself. Is there any way to fix this or will i have to buy a new one, which i really dont want to do. Thanks
Sadly, that LCD screen is definitely physically damaged. Although you're not aware of anything like this happening, it does look like it was damaged from a drop or some other impact.

I've heard of people replacing screens for the monochrome calcs, but I've not heard of anyone doing it for the 84+CE before. So realistically, I think the calc is done for.

If you contact TI's customer support, they may have pity on you and offer to replace the calculator. What you wrote in your post here is a good baseline to tell them. It's probably a good idea to remove the suggestions that you'd be willing to buy a replacement yourself. And although it's a bit dishonest, you might have better chances if you leave out the picture and other hints that it was probably broken due to a physical impact, unless they press you on it.
Your screen has definitely been damaged, either from the calculator being dropped, or from something heavy pressing on the screen (books in your backpack?). Unfortunately, I don't think we yet have a good source for replacement TI-84 Plus screens, so I suspect your recourse is unfortunately to replace the calculator. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Welp, thats unfortunate. Thanks for the help anyways guys

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours