Haha, the point is, if people know that your calculator has your name in the software, they're less likely to steal and use it. But I see your point, I suppose the wording is bad.

Also like I said in the video, in most cases just writing your name on the calculator will suffice. But who knows, you don't have to put your name in, maybe someone will put in something witty. Razz

Thanks for your thoughts!
It has been almost a month since my last video so it's time for my next one. This time I'm talking about Wait States. I haven't had time to film anything yet so I'm going to try something different, I'm going to share the main facts from my script. Please let me know of any factual errors I've made! Hopefully I can get some footage soon, I've got access to another CE now so I can make all the footage myself! Very Happy

So what is a wait state?
When a processor asks for data from the RAM, it has to wait for the data to be returned because RAM can't fetch data as fast as the CPU can process it. A wait state is just the amount of clock cycles (or in layman's terms, the amount of time) the CPU waits when fetching things from memory, which is why it is directly correlated to how fast the device runs.

You cannot currently overclock the TI 84 Plus CE.

A few good things to note. TI set a wait state minimum value you cannot change of 5. Then they added a default wait state value you can change of 4. Therefor the default wait state values is 9.

OK so I finally got footage shot, I've also edited the previous post to just focus on the 3 main facts of my script because ain't nobody got time to read a whole script! Razz
I would appreciate it if someone could quickly fact check those, I'm pretty sure they're accurate, but I've been wrong before and I just want to check.

I've also decided to completely switch over to HitFilm for this video. Fortunately it's not as hard as I expected, but it's still a big step from Movie Maker. Thankfully HitFilm is great about releasing lots of tutorials so I got about an eighth of the video done last night and I should be able to finish the rest of it much quicker!
I've got a nearly complete video finished! I've revised it down to about 8 minutes which I don't think is too bad. Please let me know what you think of it. It's been a huge learning curve, but I'm fairly happy with the result. I can't wait to learn more about the software!
Anyways, here you go!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=3NjgTWxeA6M

As always, I'll credit anyone who corrects me on my information!
Is it just me or is the video unavailable?
Sorry about that, I changed the view permissions so hopefully you can see it!
+1 for using my program as an example Smile

Pretty cool video, otherwise!
Thanks for your feedback! I have finally released it and added it to the first post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd5NcrFVXNk
I would've had this released yesterday, but I found a few mistakes I wanted to correct.
I want to mention put my HD picture program to use and made it display the image on the calculator! I then took a picture of it and Photoshoped a background behind it! I know I could've just used CEmu, but I really wanted to use my physical calculator. Razz
It's been about a month which means... new video! This time I went pretty simple and just made a tutorial on connecting a keyboard to your calculator. I got just about all of the video part done, I just need to record and add the voice-over. If you have time, I'd appreciate it if you could give me some feedback on if I should change anything! I've got what I have so far here; the video is about 3.5 minutes.
Three months later, I finally finished the keyboard video! I've added it to the first post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y5lU_HSwBQ

Man, I am really liking my HDPIC program for thumbnails Razz
I have completed the top 10 pranks to do to a TI 84 Plus CE! Check it out here!
New, short video I whipped up while working on my HP Prime G2 review. I just did something simple and showed off my Advanced Brightness Utility along with some semi-realistic scenarios to go with it. Razz
Check it out here!
Unfortunately, due to big, recent changes I don't know if I can keep up with my channel very much anymore. I don't have ready access to my 'studio' like I use to and I don't have much time to edit my footage. Nevertheless, I'll do my best to release videos, it'll just take me a couple months for each one.

I did get the time to whip up a new intro. I kept it as short as I could and didn't add any music. The Cemetech logo is just a placeholder for where the following content will be when the intro is finished. Please let me know what you think of it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebo3xqGgKzc
TheLastMillenial++
GG on the intro
Thanks for your feedback beck! I got real lucky, I found a nearly complete project I forgot to finish a long time ago! All it took was some fine tuning and I was able to release it today! I'm still busy mind you, I just got lucky with this video. Wink

Anyways, this is about unboxing my HP Prime G2. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2H7UG1_mK8
I recently went on vacation so I was able to put together a video for this month! I decided to make a tutorial on how to invert the colors of the screen (aka 'dark mode'). Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrJQfGmuYo
Oh dang, I didn't realize how long it's been since I last uploaded anything.

I was working on a new series that was supposed to be uploaded this month but I've run into a complication. I recently reinstalled Windows but didn't realize that my file history backup was encrypted with EFS using a key that was only stored within old Windows. So now I have fresh Windows, and file history containing my video save files that I'm pretty sure I will never be able to decrypt. Sad

Also, AT&T decided to break my internet for this week So I can't install the applications that got deleted like TI Connect, CEmu, and OneNote (which has all my scripts).

It's not completely hopeless though. Since I'm always having storage issues, all the footage is on an accessible external drive and I have the majority of my important files on OneDrive. I also found an old version of my video editing software so I can restart on that video. It just sucks I'm going to lose all my programs that aren't already on my calculator or on Github, and I'm going to need to restart on my video projects.

For those who don't know what Encrypted File System (EFS) is, just know it's NOT the same as bitlocker and you should back up the key immediately so you don't fall in the same trap I did.
It's been quite a while! I finally finished my review of my TI-84 Plus CE after 5 whole years! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wgYr_fsPiU
Added the summary of the events that led to OS 5.5.1: https://youtu.be/dSkN0aMswXs
Michael wrote:
Nice work. Did you mask out the calculator screens? I can't imagine you had those images show up in real time.
That's right! In short, I used my HD Picture program to display a green image on the calculators. Then I told my video editor to act like they were green screens!

Since the LCDs' color calibration aren't consistent, one was noticeably lighter color than the other. I also found out that the green Alpha key was getting cut out as well. Therefor I had to split the video in three sections (marked in red above), one that had the left LCD, on that had the right LCD, and the last one had both alpha keys. I applied different green screen settings to the left and right LCD since they were different shades. Then I removed the greens screen effect from the Alpha key. I stitched it all together to create the final product!

EDIT: May as well add my thumbnail revisions since they're already uploaded:
From first revision -> final revision | Click for full size

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours