I've tried pretty much every video I can find. (DEL/CLEAR,etc). It was sitting in a box for a number of years. The backup battery was actually still good as far as voltage. One battery terminal had a minor amount of corrosion that I cleaned up. Does anyone know where the fuse is on this board?

I have this version of the board: http://www.datamath.org/Graphing/Images/TI-83PLUS_FR07_BL_PCB.jpg

Is the F01F spot the fuse?
Yeah, F01F looks like a fuse to me- plus it looks like it's near a regulator (what with the capacitance nearby), which would be consistent with being the main power input.

You might also check to be sure there's nothing stuck in the link port- that could interfere with registering ON keypresses.
I tried cleaning the link port, and also running a jumper wire across that fuse, but no luck Sad
Try looking for broken traces on the circuit board with a magnifying glass or test with a multimeter, sometimes just a little battery "acid" can eat into the delicate traces. You may want to look under the edges of the battery sticker as well.
Some of the breaks in the circuit board are very difficult to find, I've seen a ti-86 with a trace split at the edge of the white paint on the board which looked intentional at first.
It might be easier to identify the problem if you could upload a clear picture of your circuit board.
Okay I'll upload a picture when I get a chance. The circuit board basically looks brand new. As far as multimeter testing the traces. Idk anything about multimeter so what should the mode be and what should I apply negative and positive to. Also what values should I be looking for?
Okay here are some pictures of the board. I peeled the sticker off, and it revealed somewhat suspicious looking lines? Almost looks like pen writing..

https://imgur.com/a/SRJh0mE
I cleaned up that purple stuff, and I swear for 1 millisecond I saw vertical lines on the screen. Might be imagining stuff.
The purple markings appear to be typical inspection markings, but they seem to cut through a few wires in the photo. Is the trace dented/damaged where the markings were?
There isn't much opportunity for multimeter testing on your TI-83 because the large area covered by paint is nonconductive and very resistant to corrosion. Outside of that area, I don't see any corroded or damaged areas.
Most repairs on the calculator circuit board require good soldering skills. Failure of the lcd display or any of the larger chips is either very time consuming or uneconomical to repair without dedicated equipment.
The traces seem fine under a bright light from behind. Ugh really didn't wanna spend $100 on another 10 year old TI-83 lol.
Personally, I think you should invest in a TI 84 Plus CE, it's faster and provides many more features that the TI 83. You can probably get a used one for under $100. Smile
It's a shame you weren't able to fix you TI 83 Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours