I finally did something that I should've done a long time ago with this and it was to make an online ROM converter so it can work on multiple platforms. I have no idea why I put that off for so long but here it is: https://christiankosman.com/rom-converter
I know that this is an old thread, but does anybody have converted roms for CHIP and SCHIP games? I want to use this program but the online converter is just a blank page for me...
Hello there Mr/s. Developer person, I've always loved chip-8 games and have recently come into possession of a ti84+ce and was looking to install some of of my favorites onto it, one tiny problem though, my computer runs on MAC OS and so requires .dmg files to open applications, so I cant exactly use your rom converter to put the games I want onto my calculator. I've searched all over the internet trying to find out where I can find one online, after your online converter displayed nothing but a blank white screen. I have tried to convert the .exe to a .dmg by use of WINE and MAC Bootcamp assistant, also without success. Is there any way that you could either help me try to find an online converter, or perhaps code a converter that is rooted to .dmg for us lonely chaps stuck on our mack just wanting to play some chip-8 games, it seems like a genuinely good program, and I am eager to try it out. but it seems that I am unfortunately stuck. It's also been a while since anyone has left a comment regarding issues such as these, so I hope you are able to see this Smile
sAltyPankace wrote:
Hello there Mr/s. Developer person, I've always loved chip-8 games and have recently come into possession of a ti84+ce and was looking to install some of of my favorites onto it, one tiny problem though, my computer runs on MAC OS and so requires .dmg files to open applications, so I cant exactly use your rom converter to put the games I want onto my calculator. I've searched all over the internet trying to find out where I can find one online, after your online converter displayed nothing but a blank white screen. I have tried to convert the .exe to a .dmg by use of WINE and MAC Bootcamp assistant, also without success. Is there any way that you could either help me try to find an online converter, or perhaps code a converter that is rooted to .dmg for us lonely chaps stuck on our mack just wanting to play some chip-8 games, it seems like a genuinely good program, and I am eager to try it out. but it seems that I am unfortunately stuck. It's also been a while since anyone has left a comment regarding issues such as these, so I hope you are able to see this Smile

I had the same issue, but I don't think that there is any active development on this project. I think there are other chip-8 emulators for the CE, though.
arusher999 wrote:
sAltyPankace wrote:

I had the same issue, but I don't think that there is any active development on this project. I think there are other chip-8 emulators for the CE, though.

I don't believe there are, at least in ASM. Would still be worth a shot to contact the author though as I got them to fix the link to the importer for the Scratch version of CHIP-84.

Is this the part where I plug C8SALT? Because it does work on CE...
@arusher999

While I do believe that there are other emulators that I could use, my problem is mainly with the ROM conversion, as I had said, my mac cant open .exe files (obviously), and I cant use the .exe to .dmg converter on my computer to convert the the ROMs to .8xp files. So really all I need to do is get myself a computer running on windows OS, but of course I'm not going to do that, that's stupid. So I guess I'm basically asking what you were: does anyone have the already converted ROMs on them? and just out of curiosity, do you know where I can find any of the other emulators you were referring to?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours