Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Yes, but only the tanks on higher levels will use it, as in the original the tanks get progressively smarter. I keep track of player velocity already, so it would be relatively simple to do so. I would just have to find some point (in the reflected space) where the speed of the shell times the distance to the tank is equal to the speed of the player times the distance from said point to the player.
I can't wait to play the game, and show it to some friends Smile
Any progress yet?
I've been pretty busy lately, and I gave priority to my serial driver when I did have time to work on projects. I have a paper due tomorrow, (yay procrastination! I need to get back to work.) so hopefully I will have time to work on it this weekend.

I may have made progress since the last update in this thread, but I forgot what exactly I changed since then. I'll check git diffs tomorrow and if it's something impressive I'll upload a screenshot. I think I was working on finding a way to have tanks shoot towards the player's future position, but I'm not sure.
Very nice! Canít wait to see whatís coming!

commandblockguy wrote:
I think I was working on finding a way to have tanks shoot towards the player's future position, but I'm not sure.

Oh, like predictive aiming? That sounds cool, but maybe also annoying Razz Did the Wii have that?
Some of the later tanks, especially the stationary turrets that bounced shots off the walls, use predictive aiming.

Without it, you could skirt any attack by moving in a straight line, which would make the wide open levels way easier.
Is this still being worked on? If so, I would like to offer my services as a sprite maker :3
I'd like to consider this as still under development, but realistically speaking I haven't done anything with it in several months. I'll move it up on my priorities list, and if I do work on it I'll be sure to let you know. Currently the graphics are really lacking, so any help with sprites would be greatly appreciated. That being said, there's no reason to work on the graphics if I'm never going to finish the code.
I'd be happy to help you out with sprites again. This game was a lot of fun on the Wii, and I'd really like to see Tanks! CE be finished. Let me know what kind of sprites you need.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours