What is the best completed Project of the Year 2017?
Sorcery of Uvutu
 8%  [ 3 ]
1010!
 8%  [ 3 ]
Kerbal Space Program USB Control Panel
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shades CE
 5%  [ 2 ]
Asprin CE
 8%  [ 3 ]
Sound on the TI-84 Plus CE
 5%  [ 2 ]
Donkey Kong [TI84+CE]
 29%  [ 10 ]
ICE On-Calc Sprite Editor
 11%  [ 4 ]
Fishy and Scogger ported to the CE
 0%  [ 0 ]
Text to Morse Code! (with screen flash) [TI-84 Plus CE]
 0%  [ 0 ]
Asteroids CE v.1.8
 2%  [ 1 ]
Symbolic Derivative Solver for TI 84+ CE
 8%  [ 3 ]
JPL: A game for Color and Monochrome calcs!
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

It has been 4 months since 2017 passed, and it's finally time to vote for the best program of the year. In 2017, many new, interesting programs and games has been developed and released, mostly for the newest calculator, the TI-84 Plus CE. In the past months you could vote for the best program of each month, and now you can vote for the best program of 2017! Let us take a look at the Project of the Months winners:

• Project of the Month January: Sorcery of Uvutu
    123outerme finally released the long awaited RPG for the TI-84 Plus CSE. The thread has tons of impressive screenshots and information, and you don't want to miss the game!

• Project of the Month February: 1010!
    KingInfinity decided to port a game he already liked on his iPhone now to his calculator! This arcade game is similar to Tetris, but with slightly different game mechanics. The calculator version has beautiful graphics and is loaded with awesome features! You don't want to miss this!

• Project of the Month March: Kerbal Space Program USB Control Panel
    Once again, Botboy3000 has shown himself to be one of the most active hardware hackers at Cemetech. By scrapping some old parts, including an old USB keyboard, he created a hardware control panel for the rocketry sandbox game Kerbal Space Program. He posted a cool image and some details about the project. Take a look at the topic, you won't regret it!

• Project of the Month April: Shades CE
    From Michael2_3B, Shades CE is a zen game that mixes concepts from Tetris and 2048. In version 1.2, Michael2_3B has added some much needed features, like a pause menu and a ghost line which helps identify colors. Shades is a great game if you are looking to have some fun for a few minutes, so go check out the new version!

• Project of the Month May: Asprin CE
    Unicorn ported the popular reaction game, Asprin, to the powerful CE graphing calculator, using C. He implemented difficulties and fixed all of the problems in his code, and it has been accepted to the archives. Check the thread for a download link and some amazing screenshots!

• Project of the Month June: Sound on the TI-84 Plus CE
    OldNewTimer has successfully played sound on the CE, using an ICE program he wrote, a photo resistor, and an external speaker. There is a video and explanation in the thread. This one is definitely worth a look!

• Project of the Month July: Donkey Kong [TI84+CE]
    Another great C game made by Rico! This is a port of the classic arcade game Donkey Kong, made for the CE, where you need to get as many points as you want (like many games, huh?). The screenshots are looking incredible, so don't wait to give it a shot!

• Project of the Month August: ICE On-Calc Sprite Editor
    CalcMeister finally finished his useful sprite editing tool for the CE this month! This program lets you create sprites for use with the ICE compiler, all without leaving your calculator! He posted some sweet screenshots in his thread, you can't miss them!

• Project of the Month September: Fishy and Scogger ported to the CE
    Iambian has successfully ported both his Fishy and his Scogger game to the CE, from the 83+ and the 84+ CSE (respectively). In Fishy CE you must become the biggest fish in the sea, while avoiding larger fish, and in Scogger CE you must hop over lily pads and land at the last one with no lily pads left. They both look like fun games that are worth a play!

• Project of the Month October: Text to Morse Code! (with screen flash) [TI-84 Plus CE]
    Do you ever want to learn Morse Code and want to receive/send it, but you don't have a light and only a calc? No problem, TheLastMillennial made an on-calc program to input text and see the morse code. Using an assembly snippet, the brightness can also change like a real light.

• Projects of the Month November (2 winners)
    Asteroids CE v.1.8: The REAL LAX18 made a cool game where you have to shoot or avoid "asteroids" coming at you! You can find directions on how to get the file in the thread.

Symbolic Derivative Solver for TI 84+ CE: Cemetech newcomer squishy created an amazing project! As the title suggests, it is able to quickly solve derivatives (returning a function, not a value, unlike the TIOS version on the 84+CE) harnessing the power of C! It is really easy to use, too. Go check out the thread for a download (including source) and usage instructions.

• Project of the Month December: JPL: A game for Color and Monochrome calcs!
    TheLastMillennial has made another great program which is compatible with both monochrome and color calculators! You have to build your own craft, then fly it through checkpoints. Check out the game for more instructions and some fancy screenshots.

And that's it, folks! 2017 has been an amazing year with lots of new programs and games, so what are you waiting for? Try out all the programs from the list above, and choose which one you think is the best.

As you may have noticed, we're catching up with PotM's already, so in the future PotY's will be posted much earlier, hopefully still within January that year after.
Wow, I never expected to be nominated on a POTY!
Please vote for JPL, although it can't have the speed of the assembly programs nor the addictiveness of Shades, it's the most complex BASIC game in this POTY. Even more complex than Asteroids with over 3x the amount of code. JPL also allows you to build your very own rocket to your liking! It's even compatible across every TI 84 Plus type calculator (and the TI 83 Plus) and every OS so no matter what calculator you use, you can enjoy the game!
I'm only shooting for one vote, one vote from you and I'll be ecstatic. Very Happy

Woot! I over achieved my goal for JPL!
Thanks to the people that voted for me! Even though I wont win, when I'm against this kind of competition any votes for my programs make me feel like a winner! Razz
Wow, I never thought I'd been in the running for a PotY! Sorcery of Uvutu deserves more votes than it's getting, but I can't be all mad if I steal a few votes too.
What? I'm allowed to vote for myself... right guys..?
I hate to be repetitive but I am just shocked that my program made POTY. This was a product of a lot of firsts. This was the first program that I uploaded to Cemetech, my first true calculator project (besides the ones I fooled around with on a TI83+), my first introduction to ICE programming (for Asteroids ICE, the ICE version of Asteroids CE) and this is the month that I joined the cemetech community. I cant ask the community vote Asteroids CE POTY, but I would just like to take this chance to thank those that voted for me and those that took the time to download and try my program. Thanks for your consideration for POTY!!!
I'm very sorry to say this, but I accidentally thought there was no PotM for february. However, after some searching, I found it in the wrong subforum, so that's why I couldn't find it at first. I've edited the post to include that program and cleared the poll because it's not fair to continue with the last project later added. Please vote again! Smile
I'm glad all these projects finally get their recognition, and may the best win POTY 2017! Personally, I think a lot of impressive things happened this year, so it could really be anyone's game!
These are all wonderful programs! Very Happy It may not win the PotY, but I'm really glad Shades CE made it in there, getting a bit more of the recognition it deserves Razz

Good luck to all the competitors.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Wow, I never expected to be nominated on a POTY!
Please vote for JPL, although it can't have the speed of the assembly programs nor the addictiveness of Shades, it's the most complex BASIC game in this POTY. Even more complex than Asteroids with over 3x the amount of code. JPL also allows you to build your very own rocket to your liking! It's even compatible across every TI 84 Plus type calculator (and the TI 83 Plus) and every OS so no matter what calculator you use, you can enjoy the game!
I'm only shooting for one vote, one vote from you and I'll be ecstatic. Very Happy

Woot! I over achieved my goal for JPL!
Thanks to the people that voted for me! Even though I wont win, when I'm against this kind of competition any votes for my programs make me feel like a winner! Razz

Voted for you, you deserve it!
I've released my long-awaited update for JPL!
Even if you've already voted, you should give it a try! Smile
tlm: I would, but the file link returns an error! I think you linked it to a previous version?

My favorites were ShadesCE, and ICE Sprite Creator (helped me with a LOT of on-calc ICE programming, can't wait for the next update! **poke)
I'll probably try JPL, after school lets out Razz
Thanks for the nomination! I'm glad others could make use of the program Smile
SM84CE wrote:
tlm: I would, but the file link returns an error! I think you linked it to a previous version?
Thanks for informing me! That's exactly what I did wrong. Rolling Eyes
here's the correct link.
The poll is still open for 9 days, but I can say we have less votes than previous year, so what are you waiting for? Give each program and try and vote for the best program! Very Happy
Only 4 more days to vote! Be sure to vote for that one special program!
(please :P)
Oh well, we have already more votes than previous year, thank you all guys! Let's see if we can get a few more votes, that would be cool Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours