I am having trouble taking a text file on my computer, using TextEdit CE, and putting it onto my TI-84 Plus CE.

Can someone help?

https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11922
Hello and welcome to cemetech!
To better allow others to help you, can you please tell us a bit more information about the problem your having? Smile
What errors are you getting/what do you not understand?
The exe that converts text files to what the calculator will understand wont run for some reason. A window pops up for like 0.1 seconds the goes away.
From the readme that is right next to the exe:

Code:
Use ConvText.exe to convert files to text files and vice verca.

If you have a text file you want to make useable on-calc, open a command window and type: 'convtext FILE.txt'
If you have a calc file you want to be able to edit on your computer, open a command window and type: 'convtext -t FILE.8xv'
birdmanthe1 wrote:
The exe that converts text files to what the calculator will understand wont run for some reason. A window pops up for like 0.1 seconds the goes away.

Oh, your problem is that you're not supposed to run it like that. You have to run it from a command prompt window (in the folder with both the files in it, press Shift+Right Click, and select "Open command window here") by typing the commands included in the readme.
There is a bug in TextEditCE.

As long as 2nd and alpha are off when pressing done, the calculator will freeze or do a RAM clear.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours