seanlego23 wrote:
I think this is awesome!! Good job!
I also support the idea of the addition of “view most recent posts” if that is possible because I use that button more often than anything else.
Also, love the fact that one of the topic threads I created was used in the video. 0x5

Thanks! We will take a look at how we can fit that page into the app, since I myself use it a lot too. Smile
What's the point of this? Wouldn't the time have been better spent improving the experience on the regular website?
Wait so this isn't an April fools joke?
This was posted on March 31st, so... NO! Razz If it was an April Fools joke, that would suck <period>.</period>
SM84CE wrote:
This was posted on March 31st, so... NO!

It was April First for those located in GMT +000 Evil or Very Mad
I want support for my fleet of Windows Phones (and the Pi84+ Razz)
Is this an april fools joke!? Please tell me honestly.
You will know around May 1st Smile
uh oh, please tell me it isn't
As encouragingly few of you guessed, this was an April Fool's joke. It's helpful to us to know just how many of you care about using Cemetech on mobile devices, but we'll continue to address that by improving the functionality of the mobile stylesheet for the website itself rather than spending our already scarce development time on a dedicated mobile app.
I would have believed it if the app in the video wasn't so ugly.
CHill wrote:

Ouch, shots fired. ( I still think it was one of the most convincing ones Cemetech has ever had, and it looks like a substantial effort was put in so kudos to Alex Smile )
CHill wrote:

You must mean if the app wasn't so modern Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
CHill wrote:

Ouch, shots fired. ( I still think it was one of the most convincing ones Cemetech has ever had, and it looks like a substantial effort was put in so kudos to Alex Smile )

timedia wrote:
CHill wrote:

You must mean if the app wasn't so modern Razz

I don't mean to fire any shots, but there were a few elements that I think definitely would need some design work before it was actually published. Let's just say I was relieved when I saw that this was an April Fool's Joke, because I wouldn't want to be seen with some parts of that app on my phone. However, it was mostly good, and I would definitely install it if it was real.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
CHill wrote:

Thanks Mateo! I do admit the design was bulky and clunky, UI Design is not a strength. I think I put more effort into the video than the "app." My idea with the app was that bigger buttons would be easier to tap than small text links. So, making the site navigation and forum categories & topics reasonably large would help visitors and users select what they want.

I definitely story-boarded more than what I put in the video; it's all stuff we'll eventually reference for a stronger mobile site. It most likely will not look like this "app" though. We'll see how things develop when we start the project.
I still think last year's April Fools prank was better. The sheer amount of effort and time put into it was astronomical. It was insane.

Then again, what you did here is no easy task!

I agree with the sentiment that large buttons are easier to click than small links. But if they are too large, it won't look right. There's a balance in there somewhere!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours