Hello everyone! I've been lurking around here for a while and I'm finally announcing my own project: Calcumon Pi for the Ti83+ & Ti84+!

The game will be similar to Pokemon (as the name would suggest). However, instead of the battling entities being creatures, they will instead be mathematical terms and symbols. For example, Pi and e will be the two legendary Calcumon, as they are both infinite numbers. i, being an imaginary number, would be the pseudo legendary. The Calcumon types will consist of Sine, Cosine, and Tangent in a sort of Rock-Paper-Scissors style system.

So far, I've planned out the 26 total Calcumon that will be catchable, as well as each's type. The combat will be turn-based, much like the Pokemon games themselves. There will be a Single-Player where players can attempt to capture Calcumon within their calculator and a Multi-Player where players can battle each other's Calcumon.

Besides that, very little has been done programming wise. I'm still debating whether to make the game in BASIC, which I have been using for several years now, or move to AXE. The biggest dependent on this decision is the ability to program actions with the link cable. I really want to allow players to battle each other using the link cable (maybe even trade Calcumon later down the line). While BASIC's method of link cable communication is difficult, AXE's isn't. Yet having to learn an almost entirely new language in order to do link cable communication doesn't quite seem worth it to me. If anyone could help with this decision it would be very much appreciated.

I have made the main menu for the game in AXE. While not a lot, it has definitely helped me with learning AXE.

That's some pretty nice splash screen graphics! Best of luck to you Smile

Also I think Axe provides the efficiency and attraction in order to make this one swell thing Smile
Hey everyone. After a far too long delay, I've gotten back to working on Calcumon.

One thing that I recently decided was to make the core game in BASIC, mostly the multiplayer aspect of it. The game will use the Menu( command and be generally low quality visually.

So what about AXE? Well, there will be another program that will act as a visual add-on, increasing the visual quality and all of the game's functions would run through the core BASIC program. I've also enlisted OldNewTimer to help me with both the main BASIC program and an eventual ICE visual enhanced program later down the road.

As for how will this be done... yes.

Also, added bonus:
AXE Version => Calcumon Pi
ICE Version => Calcumon e

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours