Hi all, First post.

So i was going about setting up the PrizmSDK, and it was painless! Then, as i was looking over the tutorials for WikiPrizm (see this page -> http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php/Hello_World) i noticed that the version of libfxcg that comes with the SDK is outdated. So i pulled the code from the github, and am having trouble building it.

I tried placing it into the SDKs directory (specifically under the 'projects' subdirectory) and building it using the tools packaged with the SDK (the sh3eb-elf-gcc toolchain). This didnt work; the build succeded up until it started compiling the syscalls (under libfxcg/libfxcg/syscalls). At this point, it stopped compilation, giving the following trace:

make -C libfxcg
make[1]: Entering directory 'D:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/libfxcg/libbfxcg'
sh3ed-elf-gcc -c -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os -Lr -I../include -mhitachi -m4a-nofpu -flto -stdt=c99 -Wall -Wextra syscalls/Alpha_GetData.s -o syscalls/Alpha_GetDate.o
as: unrecognized option '-big'
make[1]: *** [syscalls/Alpha_GetData.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 'D:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/libfxcg/libbfxcg'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What instantly confused me was the fact that the '-big' option is passed in, when i could not find it in the makefile, OR in the invoked action in the shell (see the trace). I have no clue where it is coming from, and compilation with other toolchains gives errors about other missing options ( '-mhitachi' and '-m4a-nofpu' being the offending ones). I also serached online but had trouble finding information on building libfxcg from source - this forum also had no information on building it on Windows (Mac and Linux are covered though, if im not mistaken).

So, in summary, what can i do to fix this error. How do i get a successful compilation from source (github link -> https://github.com/Jonimoose/libfxcg) on windows? Full steps would be greatly appreciated! Or, do i just move to linux and attempt to compile from there. Linux would be the least appealing option - i have no previous experience and would be stumped for a while. Full steps would be even more required for this option.

EDIT 1:
I forgot to mention that im attempting compilation with a fresh copy of the PrizmSDK package available on this forum (link -> https://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=486). I simply copied and pasted the files for libfxcg (downloaded fresh from github, link above) into the projects directory on the fresh SDK package. The only edits were in the 2 makefiles for libfxcg, in libfxcg/libfxcg and libfxcg/libc. The edits consisted of specifying the TOOLCHAIN as sh3eb-elf-. The make.bat used for compilation of libfxcg was copied from the 'example' project already present in the PrizmSDK, and pasted into the root libfxcg directory.

TL;DR
Compilation from source for Libfxcg fails on windows, using the PrizmSDKs built in sh3eb-elf toolchain. Wierd option is being (apparently) passed in, despite not showing up in the shell trace. How do i compile libfxcg on windows?
as is complaining about the bad option, so that's why you're not seeing it in anything- that's GCC invoking the assembler with bad options for some reason.

It's possible your toolchain was built wrong, or it's actually just a bug in GCC/friends.
Tari wrote:
as is complaining about the bad option, so that's why you're not seeing it in anything- that's GCC invoking the assembler with bad options for some reason.

It's possible your toolchain was built wrong, or it's actually just a bug in GCC/friends.

Thanks for replying so quickly!

To make sure that the issue wasnt anything on my end, from my tampering i fetched fresh copies from the forum and from github. The issue persisted, so i think that the problem is definately from the toolchain. Regarding the issue, i will attempt to build the sh3eb-elf- toolchain from source. Is there any particular version that i shoud use?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours