Hey all,
I've recently acquired a TI 84+ CE a few days ago (after the OS update that locked Asm84CEPrgm) and I've been wanting to use lowercase letters.
I've used hex codes from many different sources around the web and so far I've come up short over and over again.
My most recent attemps are as follows.

Code:
:Asm84CEPrgm
:FDCB24DEC9

and

Code:
:Asm84CEPrgmFDCB24DEC9

I am very inexperienced when it comes to programming on ti84s (all my experience coming from what I knew from HTML and JAVAScript).
I've made little programs to quickly solve quadratic equations or play rock paper scissors with my calculator.

Anyway, the point of my post was to ask if anyone had a solution to set up lowercase letters on the CE with or maybe even without hex codes.
Assembly just hasn't worked for me and I'm desperate for help.

Thanks, Dylan.

The last thing, just in case this helps. My error is as follows.
ERROR: INVALID
"Attempted to use a variable or function where it is not valid."

Edit: I find my hex codes here -> http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/84cse:hexcodes#toc5
How did you try to run it? I see you've got the code right, and that should work.

Make sure you put that in a program.
Then from the home screen, do Asm(prgmPROGRAM)
Where "PROGRAM" is your program name.

Edit: Since your OS is more recent, perhaps that is a problem. I wouldn't know, because I have a previous OS.
Welcome to Cemetech, dylan!

dylanblackmer wrote:

Code:
Namely
Code:
    set 3,(iy+36)
    ret

Is the problem that the program runs, but doesn't set the lowercase flag, or that you haven't been able to run it in the first place?

Edit: Missed the end of the post. Sounds like you're missing the Asm() command around your program name.
This does what you want. It's called MINUMAJU, but I'd name it LOWERCASE Wink. Also, doesn't the disabling of Asm84CEprgm disable using that command at all?
Michael2_3B wrote:
How did you try to run it? I see you've got the code right, and that should work.

Make sure you put that in a program.
Then from the home screen, do Asm(prgmPROGRAM)
Where "PROGRAM" is your program name.

Edit: Since your OS is more recent, perhaps that is a problem. I wouldn't know, because I have a previous OS.

I do run the program using Asm() but it just gives me the error code I described. My program name is LWRCASE and I would try to initiate it using Asm(prgmLWRCASE).

Thanks for your help.
jcgter777 wrote:
This does what you want. It's called MINUMAJU, but I'd name it LOWERCASE Wink.

^ Use that link! Smile

Quote:
Also, doesn't the disabling of Asm84CEprgm disable using that command at all?

No, it only prevents you from pasting it from the catalogue. It's a pointless ban.
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, dylan!

dylanblackmer wrote:

Code:
Namely
Code:
    set 3,(iy+36)
    ret

Is the problem that the program runs, but doesn't set the lowercase flag, or that you haven't been able to run it in the first place?

Edit: Missed the end of the post. Sounds like you're missing the Asm() command around your program name.

I've never been able to run the program in the first place. The error report is identical whether or not I run the program with Asm() or not.

Thank you for your support.

Edit: Also in relation with the bit of code you posted, what would I do with that or where would I place it?
jcgter777 wrote:
This does what you want. It's called MINUMAJU, but I'd name it LOWERCASE Wink. Also, doesn't the disabling of Asm84CEprgm disable using that command at all?

Thank you so much, this worked for me.

Thank you all for your help.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours