I am trying to get a simple z80 asm program to see if a given program is archived. I found a program on TICalc that would toggle between ram and archive and set Ans to what bank it was in. I removed the arc/unarc bcall thingy to get this. However, it only works about half the time. I have no experience at all in z80, so any help will be appreciated.

Code:
; Program Name: TSTARC
; Author(s): ItsJustSomeDude, Harold Aptroot
; Description: Tests if program is archived

.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
.list

.org userMem-2
   .db $BB,$6D
      bcall(_AnsName)
      bcall(_FindSym)
      inc de
      inc de
      ex de,hl
      ld de,OP1+1
      ldi \ ldi \ ldi \ ldi
      ldi \ ldi \ ldi \ ldi
      ld hl,OP1
      ld (hl),ProgObj
      bcall(_ChkFindSym)
      ld a,b
      bcall(_SetXXop1)
      bcall(_StoAns)      

ret
What calculator are you running this on? The documentation for _SetXXOP1 says it only works for values 0-99, and values up to 63 (83+), 127 (83+ SE, 84+) or 255 (84+ SE)* are possible for the flash page an archived variable is on, depending on the calculator. It also says there isn't any error checking, so I'd guess you're running on a larger-memory calculator and some of the programs you try searching for are above page 99.

Since you only care about whether a program is archived or not, I'd just return 0 or 1:

Code:
    bcall(_ChkFindSym)
    ld a,b
    or a
    jr nz, archived
    xor a
    jr out
archived:
    ld a,1
out:
    bcall(_SetXXOP1)
    bcall(_StoAns)
    ret

* modulo the few pages at the top of memory that are reserved for the certificate and boot code.
Tari wrote:
What calculator are you running this on?

I am using an 83+. I will try this code in the morning when I get a chance. Thanks. --JustSomeDude

Edit 1: I tried this on emulator, but it just always returns 0 to Ans. I don't know if I am doing the input right. I am guessing that I use Ans for input, but do I need the prefixes? ( and for real, F for prgm, etc.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours