I want to put the color screen into my 84+SE, but you don't have any schematics for the 84 series. Please post them. I personally use a switch for my amplifer that I put into my calc so I don't even know if it has room for a color screen..... The amplifer is kinda big... Infact I had to use a dremel tool to scrape down the back of my case to get it to fit.....
Well, the TICI 2.0 CSA requires a relatively small circuit board, but preliminary tests have shown it may not fit in the 84 at all. The schematic is the same, but as you say, there's a big problem of available space in the case. Sad
Note that by using either Kerm's or my color screen projects, you won't get a true color screen in the sense that it would compare to a Gameboy; instead you'll get more of a color backlight.

If people are still interested despite this fact, I'll release the *never before released* version of the RGB Screen (I may rename the project). I have it completed, but one of the main reasons I haven't released this new revision is because:

a.) no one's into hardware modding anymore, so it wouldn't help too many people, so there's very little demand for it

b.) it's somewhere...not quite sure where... Very Happy Laughing
Mine works too, once I discovered the value of surface mount LEDs on the same board as the logic with light pipes. Very Happy I should release that as well...
I read through the schematics for the color screen. I couldn't tell what it was doing..... What was the IC1 Piece?
The new schematics are not on ticalc.org, they're actually here on Cemetech somewhere.

Meh, can't find it atm. I'll look another time.
IF you find them,e-mail them to me netham45@gmail.com
netham45 wrote:
IF you find them,e-mail them to me netham45@gmail.com
Will do. It's actually an extremely simple ciruit with a couple of NAND gates. I'll recreate it if I can't find it.
Do take note that it's *extremely* similar to mine Razz

Unless they've been updated in the past year or two.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours