This is kinda a random idea, but I think it would be fun =D

A sphere bot with 2 arms and a minigun that you select an object with the editor and click a button called 'spawn guard bot' (you first enter the radius in blocks that it will guard) - then it will fly around the area and if anyone that you have not designated (this is really just a cooler way of doing the only ____ team or an admin can use this switch =D), it will fly up to them and shoot them Laughing
hehe. That sounds pretty cool too. What if you just make reg bots, and have them stand untill someone other than listed in the dynamic field allowed: list (maybe seperate the allowed users by colons) came into a certain radius, you would need to have a limit on the radius though, so that you could'nt have them cover the whole map and become emperor of the map Evil or Very Mad .

That would be kinda cool.
Uuummm, that sounds exactly like the AI bot that elfprince, jpez, and I created. It can obey teams and only attack players on the other teams.
KermMartian wrote:
Uuummm, that sounds exactly like the AI bot that elfprince, jpez, and I created. It can obey teams and only attack players on the other teams.

I mean it is not only teams. It would protect 1 object that you select (you give it the radius to respond to).
not real hard, its a capability that is built into the Torque AIPlayer class. you can do it with minimal scripting and the f11 editor
Definitely, or it could be easily programmed as a feature in our AI.
That would be awesome - A giant pack of ai scripts to do just about anything - Wink
Harq wrote:
That would be awesome - A giant pack of ai scripts to do just about anything - Wink
What I want to work on is making this customizable to things like vehicles. Hmm, an autonomous tank vehicle.... Shock
An autonomous door that shoots you if you are not allowed in, much cooler than a super admin switch Wink
Harq wrote:
An autonomous door that shoots you if you are not allowed in, much cooler than a super admin switch Wink
Very Happy Another good idea. Therefore we need to find a way to control more than minifigs with the script...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours