Oh Kerm, I know this is an old thread, but I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to make a 'switch bot' that is invincible and igobbable? Because i build a launcher where you step on a switch, and a bot presses the necasarry switches to fire a gun, but the bot got killed in the blast and i could not do it again + i need to be able to igob it witht he building.
Sure, that's very doable. Invincible clones could even be quite easily scripted for TBM2.
KermMartian wrote:
Sure, that's very doable. Invincible clones could even be quite easily scripted for TBM2.

What about the igobbable ones?
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Now that would be challenging with the current system, but easy if coded into TBG.
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Now that would be challenging with the current system, but easy if coded into TBG.

I was messing around and i copied an igob i had downloaded from the TBM forum to test it out (i think it is tank 2) and there was a bot that was igobbed with it...

P.S. The igob was made by Shiznit

P.P.S. When i deleted the tank with igob, the bot was not killed with it even though it came out with it...
Yeah, I know bots can be saved, so it's quite possible they're already gobbable, and I guess you confirmed that it is indeed the case. And nope, you'd have to tap the bot and then hit delete
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I know bots can be saved, so it's quite possible they're already gobbable, and I guess you confirmed that it is indeed the case. And nope, you'd have to tap the bot and then hit delete

Ahhh, but when I igob them, they do not igob o.O . I really wonder how he was able to embed the bot into there...
maybe he did a manual edit on the iGob or something.
I was thinking the same thing, but it would be a bit tedious even though it is just a text file Rolling Eyes .
Just got an awsome idea.

If you have multiple objects that make up a door or something,
you would ethar be able to...
(1) Morph objects togather
(2) or set an object to rotate on another objects axle...
...like if you have a 1x1 and a 1x4x5 window, you would want the 1x1 to rotate with the window.
.[] |.
or something to that effect, not really a good diagram, but I hope you get the picture Razz .
Huh, I like that idea. Once again, not a huge stretch scriptingwise.
Awsome, Another suggestion is, dtb vehicles, like, ones that have weapons and such. Like the delta wing and some of those look like they would have weapons on them.

Maybe, while in the vehicle you left click to shoot main and right to shoot secondary, that might be a bit extreme or somethin, but.
swivelgames wrote:
Awsome, Another suggestion is, dtb vehicles, like, ones that have weapons and such. Like the delta wing and some of those look like they would have weapons on them.

Maybe, while in the vehicle you left click to shoot main and right to shoot secondary, that might be a bit extreme or somethin, but.
....they do. They just got disabled for the public release.
Ah I see. Any way to enable them Confused ?
swivelgames wrote:
Ah I see. Any way to enable them Confused ?
Not yet, until I release the requisite patch.
Anytime soon, or after TBG?
Here is an idea, old TBM saves and iGobs will work, and TBG can join TBM servers.
swivelgames wrote:
Anytime soon, or after TBG?
It may well be soon. I'm considering making a new train vehicle, anyway.
I know this topic is a little old, but I just had another idea Smile

How about a switch that had a simple scripting language

Example: (assume // are comments)

Code:

move 1748 (x(50) y(0) z(0)) // would be like the move switch - 1748 = doorset - and then the thing you want to move, in this case move x 50 squares
wait //wait for the last command to finish before proceeding, or you could do 'wait 300' to wait 3 seconds or something like that
rotate 1748 (x(90) y(0) z(0)) // rotates doorset 1748 180 degrees on x
wait 300
effect 1748 (MissileLauncherImage) = true //sets Missile launcher as the effect on 1748
wait 300
effect 1748 = false //turns off any effects on 1748

And then obviously other commands, but a switch that you could bind scripts (you could make in game) to would be more flexible and also kinda cool Very Happy
Just got the greatest idea! This is for a make your own car type thing.
Heres how it would work.

You build your little whatever you want it to look like, and the vehicles can be identified by using doorsets or something, maybe a dynamic field or something. Once done building, you use the name tool and name the points...

For a car...
    very tip piece - FRONTdoorset#
    very rear piece - BACKdoorset#
    wheel piece - WHEEL(side its on, ie. FR FL BR BL)doorset#

For a plane...
    very tip piece - FRONTdoorset#
    very rear piece - BACKdoorset#
    wheel piece - WING(side its on, ie. R L)doorset#

using iGob, a vehicle set selector or something else to select the desired pieces then you would change the doorset or something to the on desired. And the special menu would look a bit like this...
    Code:

Doorset: [_____]
    Type ? : [_____]
    (Plane, Car, Hover)

The hover would work like a car, just would lift off the ground about .3 high.

Once given the information to compile the car, it would take the pieces names and whatever, then morph the vehicles pieces into one pieceand then give that one piece the properties of a vehicle.

Sound at all possible?
I think it would be so awsome Very Happy .
That way its like a make your own vehicle.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours