MADE IN ICE
i have been work on a program it basically a desktop with the basics
such as file manger and terminal and a lock screen
it is suppose to look like this

https://techtimely.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/ubuntu-unity-linuxx-y-292822-13.png

NEED TO WORK ON
Time display
Inputting

DONE
Cursor
Lock screen
Settings
Credit screen

Help Needed
That sounds really cool! When you say file manager do you mean the calc's files?
Nero_the_Necro wrote:
That sounds really cool! When you say file manager do you mean the calc's files?

Yes its suppose to read calc files But that is not ready soon when calc file reading is ready you can be able to change the background of the desktop
Adding Pictures by the end of the day
Didn't we explain to you on CodeWalrus why this is not a good project to start in ICE for beginners?

Here's a link to that thread, though.

Let's not let old events get the best of usc though.

If this does work out, I'd love to see it!
Can you show us the source/some screenies?
I agree that this is a big project, but if this actually comes through, I'm sure you will learn a lot from it. (a lot, a lot Razz).
We would love to help.

A good idea would be to start with a simple/very simple ICE project to get started. If you don't feel like it, you don't need to! Smile
If I understand correctly this isn't actually Linux, just a desktop and a few applications.
commandblockguy wrote:
If I understand correctly this isn't actually Linux, just a desktop and a few applications.

No it just a Desktop right now soon it will be just like Linux
with everyone's help you will not only get credit you will help TNU look better

Linux Progress Gif Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MRsuYS2rvAghz4-pjAhnh8sVzeFpSUje/view

Linux CE Version(TNU) Floder
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1CcPihQ5g-6WP7NmoEfCnzR1YBr1_mSYB
The popup menus are really good! I'm curious as to how you (personally in this program) detect pressing on the menu? You might also want to make the top row of keys be able to activate the menu item right above it. It works quite well.

I'm glad to hear that you do have ICE experience. That will make this easier Wink.
jcgter777 wrote:
The popup menus are really good! I'm curious as to how you (personally in this program) detect pressing on the menu? You might also want to make the top row of keys be able to activate the menu item right above it. It works quite well.

I'm glad to hear that you do have ICE experience. That will make this easier Wink.

You can deactivate it but it is not in the settings yet. you will have to go inside the program (SRC) and
store 0 in DEV and it will turn off all the dev tools
Update

Not Done
Tcmd
inputting detection
Time
Lock Setting

Working on
File reading
file manager

Done
Lock Screen
Menu
Cursor
Cursor Changing
Color Settings

Latest
I messed up badly i need help displaying the time.
the code P_T gave me i did not understand please Help me.
and all i got the inputting down thanks to beck just need some correct number code or detection i need to make, then i will move to the file manger that is for last so is the cmd/terminal.
Plese, do not double post within 24 hours Wink.

You certainly have gotten a lot done!
What code did PT give you? We might be able to help, but we don't know what the code is Razz.
jcgter777 wrote:
Plese, do not double post within 24 hours Wink.

You certainly have gotten a lot done!
What code did PT give you? We might be able to help, but we don't know what the code is Razz.

Ok i will not double post
P_T gave me a this : *{EF30000}
this code was for the time i need a better explanation

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Didn't we explain to you on CodeWalrus why this is not a good project to start in ICE for beginners?
Here's a link to that thread, though.
Let's not let old events get the best of usc though.
If this does work out, I'd love to see it!
Can you show us the source/some screenies?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MRsuYS2rvAghz4-pjAhnh8sVzeFpSUje/view

I want it to look something like this went its done: http://www.zdnet.com/i/story/60/05/010160/mintlinuxdesktop.png

Question:
- when i use the file detect code it only come up with on prgm name
how do i make it come up with more?
- Also does any one know why when i use white fg text color bg it comes up with nothing
i could not get on for a will Kerm but a network ban on my Wifi
The code P_T gave you reads the timer port, there's something about that in the ICE documentation.

The white Text FG/BG is like writing in white pen on a white paper, you can't see it Razz To fix that, use a different FG color, maybe 0 (black)
This sound cool, I tried something similar before but it was only going to be a terminal. The thing was functional, but P_T did not add string functions and the project halted. If you want, you can have the source for the program.

Also, are there plans to make this a full CE shell? Smile
Current Version:Beta 0.24
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
This sound cool, I tried something similar before but it was only going to be a terminal. The thing was functional, but P_T did not add string functions and the project halted. If you want, you can have the source for the program.

Yes, I will love to see the source code. If I use it I will give you credit.

The REAL LAX18 wrote:

Good Idea!!!! Good Idea
Yes, but i have not started working on file reading Yet. Sad

SM84CE wrote:
The code P_T gave you reads the timer port, there's something about that in the ICE documentation.

The white Text FG/BG is like writing in white pen on a white paper, you can't see it Razz To fix that, use a different FG color, maybe 0 (black)

Whats the page # of the documentation?
Also, i was try to using white for a long time but i will use 254 for now.

Latest Information:
▪ I have started to make a TNU programming language ( Thank to Beck )
▪ I Need Help with displaying program names ( HELP NEEDED )
Started on File manager

Questions
Does anyone have any ideas?
Please stop calling this Linux. What you are making is not Linux, but the extra bits that go over Linux or another operating system like a desktop environment and utilities. By calling this project Linux, you are implying that it is based on the Linux kernel and supports a bunch of other stuff that this program is not providing.
commandblockguy wrote:
Please stop calling this Linux. What you are making is not Linux, but the extra bits that go over Linux or another operating system like a desktop environment and utilities. By calling this project Linux, you are implying that it is based on the Linux kernel and supports a bunch of other stuff that this program is not providing.

it does have Linux Kernel but it is called Tcmd Neutral
Are you referring to a terminal, like the Command Prompt on Windows, where you type in text commands and receive a text output? That is not the same thing as a kernel, which is basically responsible for handling applications and resources like memory and peripherals.
commandblockguy wrote:
Are you referring to a terminal, like the Command Prompt on Windows, where you type in text commands and receive a text output? That is not the same thing as a kernel, which is basically responsible for handling applications and resources like memory and peripherals.

Tcmd stand for Tnu . Command . Detector
it does every thing it's just not ready yet and i want to work desktop and file manger, lock screen
others.
i started Tcmd but right now all it show keys codes
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Yes, I will love to see the source code. If I use it I will give you credit.

Sorry for the delay, here is the latest version that I could find of my source
https://github.com/LAX18/LinuxCE

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours