Would you be interested by the program described above?
Yes
 17%  [ 5 ]
No
 82%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 28

SopaXorzTaker wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:
SopaXorzTaker wrote:
I have written a Bitcoin wallet program (which generates the keys and displays the relevant QR codes), it's pretty slow but shows that the cryptographic algorithms (I've ported most of those from other libraries) can be actually implemented on the calculator.

Yes, i have seen it, it crashed my calc tho, btw, i will message u about a potential offer...

Well, did the calc appear to hang up?
It's actually working, but is very, very slow so you'll have to be patient and wait about 15 minutes while it's calculating the public key...

Thats my patience talking Confused
coolcrab123 wrote:
u wrote 2 paragraphs cause u took a joke seriously? thats patience Surprised

Joke or not, that's really good advice.

If your intent is to do this all for giggles then you should stop while you're ahead. You're getting incredible support from users who want to help you see your vision through.

Additionally, you blame users for things that are not their fault; That's what Readme's are for. We can point you to a resource but it's on you to learn more about it and ask for help. Most times, the resources you download will have a readme with instructions and even links to learn more about things.

You post without doing any research and come on strong with baseless accusations. No one said converting an image into a sprite was impossible. No one said using a QR code was impossible. So why are you claiming we said that?

When you try the program you immediately give up. Learn to troubleshoot your problems. It'll help you figure out what's wrong and, if you can't, it'll allow you to pass on relevant and important information to those who may. We can't help you if you don't help yourself.

You've also demonstrated your ability to use the edit button, so we know you're capable. So, again, please stop double posting. Also, Point 3 of that linked post tells you to "read the readme" for ConvPNG. Maybe you don't know why it's not working because you don't know how it works.
Alex wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:
u wrote 2 paragraphs cause u took a joke seriously? thats patience Surprised

Joke or not, that's really good advice.

If your intent is to do this all for giggles then you should stop while you're ahead. You're getting incredible support from users who want to help you see your vision through.

Additionally, you blame users for things that are not their fault; That's what Readme's are for. We can point you to a resource but it's on you to learn more about it and ask for help. Most times, the resources you download will have a readme with instructions and even links to learn more about things.

You post without doing any research and come on strong with baseless accusations. No one said converting an image into a sprite was impossible. No one said using a QR code was impossible. So why are you claiming we said that?

When you try the program you immediately give up. Learn to troubleshoot your problems. It'll help you figure out what's wrong and, if you can't, it'll allow you to pass on relevant and important information to those who may. We can't help you if you don't help yourself.

You've also demonstrated your ability to use the edit button, so we know you're capable. So, again, please stop double posting. Also, Point 3 of that linked post tells you to "read the readme" for ConvPNG. Maybe you don't know why it's not working because you don't know how it works.

I spent two hours this morning researching about QR codes, i can therefore inform you, that research has been done, and QR codes are MUCH more complex than anyone can imagine.

Im sorry for double posting, it is because the website keeps telling me that I have to wait before posting, but it still sends the post, and I am left re-sending the same post
BTW: does anyone know how i can use Fpart( in ICE because it hasnt been implemented yet...
I wanted to learn to decode QR codes by eye, just for chuckles, and I came to almost the same conclusion as you.

It's extremely complicated, but equally clever.

I hope you at least learned something from this project Smile
coolcrab123 wrote:
BTW: does anyone know how i can use Fpart( in ICE because it hasnt been implemented yet...

You can't... IIRC, ICE uses 3-byte integers only as of now. This means that there is no such thing as floats in ICE, and consequently, the fPart( command doesn't make sense. There were some plans to implement floats and have the user define his/her variable types, kinda like in Java, but that quickly became very complex and was for the most part abandoned.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours